I Don't Do Resolution
I don't do resolutions. There, I said it...
...I believe New Year's resolutions are a set up for failure...
Each of us had resolved to accomplish grandiose and saintly things in the new year...
... and after a few short days we fall right back into old habits and the old way of doing things...

Instead of resolutions, I prefer to take baby steps.

Proverbs 4:12

When you walk, your step will not be hampered, and if you run, you will not stumble. (ESV)

I love the confidence this scripture offers me.
Although this new year is uncharted territory, we can walk with confidence that the Lord will open up the way for us "one step at a time"...
It's not necessary for us to look far in front of us or around corners...
... each of us should just take one step...

... Soon, our wobbly and tentative baby steps will become strong and steady...
Remember the Lord's promise to be with us...
... The Lord will order our steps to help us maneuver around road blocks...
... and He will uncover His path for us...
... as we take one step at a time...

What about you friend, will you share your baby steps?



1 Comments:

Anonymous BethA said...

Amen, Zoe! If we take baby steps, our goals won't seem unattainable.

Post a Comment

Home

About Me
Proverbs 31

P31 Speaker Blogroll
Previous Posts
Archives
Miscellaneous
Credits