Reflection and Anticipation
First of all, my apologies for removing the last 2 posts and their comments. Some one is posting very inappropriate comments and I can't figure out hoe to remove them without deleting the entire post.

Any Suggestions?

Any who... I hope all of you have had a great time "off" your regular routine. Perhaps you're like me, working a few days each week and enjoying family and friends the rest of the time.

Whatever you're up to I'm sure you've given a little thought to the close of another year and the beginning of a new one. This time of year has always been one of reflection and anticipation for me. A time to stroll down memory lane and a time to "dream" of the things to come. Christmas day we spent time watching DVD's of our boys early years and I was reminded of something I always did as a child. I use to lie under the Christmas tree literally for hours gazing up through the branches "placing" a dream, a wish and a hope on the colored Christmas bulbs. Of course at that time my wishes and hopes and dreams were for toys and games and things of that nature.

It's been many many years since I've spent time under the Christmas tree and I think I'm over due.

So tonight after the dishes are done I'm going to make my way under our artificial tree and spend some time "placing" my hopes and dreams and wishes on tiny twinkling bulbs. This time they will won't consist of toys or dolls, they will be for bigger and "more grown up" things like, healing for friends with terrible diseases, jobs for the jobless, suffering relationships and restoration for broken marriages. I'll also have prayers of remembrance for my beloved daddy Nick, Tom's precious mom Catherine, and sweet our cousin Peggy. Christmas just isn't the same without them.

I won't stop there, I will also spend time "placing" a prayer of thanksgiving on each twinkling light for the many blessings we have received this year. The marriage of our son Josh to a godly, believing young women Kelsey and how much we love and adore her. The successful fundraising tournament for the Adam Bishop Foundation. For the jobs both Tom and I have, the opportunities our son Joseph has had to fly in order to gain the necessary flight hours, my team mates at Proverbs 31 and the Ministry itself, our health, our home, our close friends, and the perfect love of our Savior.

If you were to spend time under your tree (provided it's still up) what hopes and dreams and wishes would you have?





8 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

Hey sweet friend,
That is so sad about the comments people are posting. You can go in and moderate your comments and only allow them to be posted to your sight after you approve them. At that point, you can click to post them or delete them. I hope you had a very Merry Christmas. I hope to see you soon!

Blogger Renee Swope said...

I think I might crawl under my tree and cast some hopes and dreams into my sparkling lights. That sounds like a wonderful place to be!

There is a way to log in to your account and delete comments permanently. I have to do it sometimes too when I get spammed.

Love and miss you sweet friend!
Renee

Blogger Oh Dear said...

Have a list I am praying on...my friend finishes her radiation this week. Another just learned that her appeal to adopt has been denied, another has been asked to take a set of twin infants in, friends without jobs, friend who learned she is pregnant after 2 miscarriages and is so scared, a high school classmate that needs Jesus...a new vehicle, a non paying renter....My heart is heavy but so are my blessings!

Or...even after someone has posted, when you go to the comments you should see a little "garbage can" logo directly under the date of the posting. Click on that and you can delete that particular post. Or at least that's the way it is on my blog. Sorry you've had some ugly comments!

Happy New Year!

Marilyn...in Mississippi

Blogger Lake Lady said...

I truly would have liked to crawl under my tree and prayed my way through it. (We took it down on Monday.) We had a good year in so many ways, yet as it ends our daughter (a single mom) is without a job. She is so strong in her faith, I pray I can keep up with her.

Blogger Sarah said...

Amazing idea to lay under your tree and reflect on our dreams. I never have but I am intrigued and am going to do it. It already makes me think of how the wise men looked at the stars for God's promise.

I can delete just a comment on my blog by clicking the comment link and then clicking the garbage can.

Blogger Charlene Kidd said...

Zoe,
I love the idea. My tree is still up for now.. I will have to place some dreams under it. Thanks for visiting my blog. The dog did get a little sick, fortunately we got her outside first. Friday's would be great. Let's try to do that soon in the new year. Have a blessed New Years Eve and Day.

Blogger Joyful said...

Hey...how did I miss this post? It just arrived in my bloglines today. Hmmm...technology!

Beautiful idea. I would definitely be saying a prayer of thanksgiving for how the Lord worked a miracle in my daddy's life. I would be placing my trust in the Lord in regards to my nephew. I would be releasing so many concerns for 2010, including my son heading off to University. I would share personal dreams that aren't voiced. I would pray for health concerns for other family and friends. I would thank the Lord for the blessing of His no's as well as His yes's over this past year. I would ask the Lord to remove fear and fill me with the joy of His presence. (It's a good job our tree has lot's of decorations!)

Love ya Zoe. Always makes me smile to visit here.
Hugs,
Joy

Post a Comment

Home

About Me
Proverbs 31

P31 Speaker Blogroll
Previous Posts
Archives
Miscellaneous
Credits