Encouragement
I couldn't wait to share this word of encouragement from my sweet friend Marybeth Whalen in light of the conversation we had a few days ago. I too have a lot on my plate (I know, who doesn't?????) and feeling overwhelmed.

It appears the opportunity for our son returning home in order to get those flight hours here in Charlotte, has all but dried up. Joseph's contact will not return any phone calls or e-mails.

Honestly, I am right where Marybeth describes herself in her blog post from Tuesday.http://www.marybethwhalen.com/.

"Instead of pouting, I should be praising. Instead of sulking, I should be savoring. Instead of regretting, I should be rejoicing. I clearly needed an attitude adjustment."

Girls, this is where I am today... in need of a serious attitude adjustment.
What is my problem? Good grief, why am I tripping over this?
Why can't I persevere through this with an attitude of praise and thanksgiving (things could be so much worst- my daddy's word)?

Hebrews 10:35-36, "So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded. You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised." (NIV)

I think I'm going to begin two new sections in my journal today. I'm going to find as many verses as I can on the subject of perseverance and on the subject of receiving what He has promised, when you have done the will of God.

Anyone want to join me in this?


2 Comments:

Blogger Judy said...

I seem to keep Galations 6:9 with me - ...let us not get weary in doing good for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.

Blogger Unknown said...

Wow....I too have an overloaded plate and need God's direction on what to purge...But your last sentence spoke volumes to me! I look forward to reading about your journey in this study!
shay

Post a Comment

Home

About Me
Proverbs 31

P31 Speaker Blogroll
Previous Posts
Archives
Miscellaneous
Credits