Catherine
My beloved mother-in -law Catherine Elmore entered heaven Friday morning January 4, 2008. She took her final breath here on earth and then breathed heavenly air and received perfect and complete healing. She was reunited with family and friends who had gone on before and waited in anticipation for her arrival.

As I shared with you earlier she was much more than just a mother-in-law; she was my model of godliness, my mentor and my other "mom".

As the arrangements and details are being made and friends call and stop by I'm reminded how very blessed we are to be a part of the body of Christ. What a wonderful opportunity to see old friends and acquaintances and to share our stories of family gatherings around Catherine's table of delicious meals unique sweet tea (1 gallon of tea add 3 cups sugar, 1/2 grape juice and 1/4 cup Real Lemon lemon juice).

It's sad that I don't slow down long enough to reminisce about the good times we've had with family and friends and that it's taken the death of a loved one to cause me to pause long enough to do so.

I hope my experience will encourage you to slow down long enough to let the ones you love know just how very much they are loved and cared for. Also take the time to share a funny or heart warming story every day with your loved ones.

Time waits for no man or woman and you can never repeat today.


2 Comments:

Blogger Susanne Scheppmann said...

Oh, I sorry to hear about your loss. My mother-in-law passed away three years ago. How we missed during the Christmas seasons.

You and your family will be in my prayers.

Susanne

Blogger Renee Swope said...

Hi Zoe,

I am so sorry to hear that you had to say good-bye to Catherine and know the ache of your loss will be great. I want to be that kind of mother to my son's wives one day. What a legacy she left.What an inspiration to so many through you because her legacy lives on in our Zoe girl!!

I love you friend and I will be praying for all of you.

Renee

Post a Comment

Home

About Me
Proverbs 31

P31 Speaker Blogroll
Previous Posts
Archives
Miscellaneous
Credits