27 days and Counting
Hey friends,

I have finally rejoined the land of the living.
My cold is almost gone and that nasty Pink eye is just a crusty old memory.
Gross! I haven't had that since I was five.
A long weekend at the beach with our best friends was indeed the best medicine.

We are now 27 days until the wedding.
Oh my goodness! It is going to be here before I can even turn around.
I think I have most everything done. I'm still waiting for the pretty wedding tissue packets to arrive and I still have to purchase the items for the hotel gift bags.
If anyone has any suggestions on what what to include in those I'd love your helpful hints.

HELP...
I also need your suggestions ASAP on what song Josh and I should dance to at the reception for the Mother/son dance.
We don't really want anything sappy. We are trying to think of something fun or funny.
I can't wait to see what you come up with.
Thanks in advance for your help.




4 Comments:

Blogger Joyful said...

OHHHH...it's getting so close!!! Soooo exciting!!!!

I'm glad you're feeling better. Sounds like you had a rough go.

I'm not filled with a lot of ideas tonight, but I'll ponder it some more and it I come up with anything I'll let you know.

Hugs,
Joy

PS. I was at a wedding rehearsal once and when the groom's mother went to walk up the aisle the pianist began to play, "The old grey mare she ain't what she used to be..." Guess maybe you had to be there ;o)

Blogger Chef Diane said...

Zoe,

Glad to (see) you back. Sorry didn't mean to poke fun at the pink eye thing. (I better stop before I hurt myself) Serious though I am glad you are doing better. Oh, a trip to the beach sounds like just the ticket for me. I am glad you got to go with your hubby and good friends.

Now about the wedding, how exciting 27 days and counting. I will give the song some thought. But what was the final selection for the shoes at the reception. That might have a lot to do with the song. Exciting times!

Continued prayers for healing,
Diane

Blogger Julie Zine Coleman said...

On the hotel gift bags:

A couple of bags of pretzels or chips, a can or two of soda, pens and a pack of sticky notes, gift cards to nearby restaurants if they are going to be responsible for any of their meals, chocolate (of course!!), directions to the wedding/reception from the hotel, earplugs, sample packs of Advil or Tylenol. These are a few of the things I have included in the past-- I have had two sons get married so far. The dollar store was helpful, believe it or not!

You are going to have a blast.

But also be prepared... the week following all of the wedding excitement can be very hard. I didn't expect to get so depressed after my first son's wedding-- we totally love our daughter-in-law and her family. It was a wonderful celebration. But after it was all over, I realized that nothing would be the same-- our family had now permanently changed. Change comes hard to me-- and it was an adjustment those first few weeks.

If you experience this, you won't be alone. It's a normal part of seeing a child leave the nest for good. Just be aware it could happen. Forewarned is forearmed!

Blogger JottinMama said...

Only 27 days! Very cool :)

I'll have to think about what songs might be good for y'all to dance to :)

Have fun with all of the final preparations! Enjoy it!

Glad you are feeling better,
Kate :)

Post a Comment

Home

About Me
Proverbs 31

P31 Speaker Blogroll
Previous Posts
Archives
Miscellaneous
Credits