Perseverance
I've learned so much from your posts on perseverance. I'd like to rest on this subject a bit longer.

I am right in there with you friends in feeling the discomfort, confusion, fear, worry and even boredom of perseverance. I would be so bold to suggest that my success rate is probably equal to my failure rate.

BUT this is what I've discovered about perseverance:

In the midst of my persevering there comes a point where I have to make the decision to choose to press on, to continue, to stick to my commitment and walk through the discomfort, confusion, fear, worry and yes even the dreaded boredom. I have to choose to be the victor instead of the victim. I have to choose to WANT TO change more than I want to be comfortable, more than I want clarity and understanding. More than I want peace and even more than I want a different circumstance or situation.

It has been eye opening to discover this one truth. Perseveranceis an assignment from my heavenly Father to put "feet" to my beliefs and words. I say I trust the Lord will all my heart, mind and strength and that's easy to do when things are going along swimmingly. But what about those times when we are faced with a life circumstance that requires weeks, months or even years of waiting? What about that causes my perseverance wain and waffle? Is itsimply a matter of physical, mental, emotional or spiritual exhaustion? Interesting question.

While you're pondering that, let me encourage you in your perseverance today.

I want you to put on your tiara (you do have a tiara don't you? If not go to the dollar store or Walmart and get one.), stand up and give yourself a rousing round of applause.

It is time to celebrate, right now, right where we are, right in the middle of our present circumstances.

Yes, you read this correctly, I want you to celebrate, celebrate, dance to the music!

I want you to:

Celebrate your Successes - Make a list of your successes. I don't care if it's something as simple as only managing to brush your teeth, or finding a way to get out of the house with matching shoes.

Celebrate your Ebenezers - Revisiting those times when you experienced God's faithfulness and provision offers encouragement for what we're facing today. An Ebenezer is a "stone of help," or a reminder of God’s Real, Holy Presence and Divine aid. 1 Samuel 7:12, "Then Samuel took a stone and set it up between Mizpah and Shen. He named it Ebenezer, saying, “Thus far the LORD has helped us.”" (NIV)

Celebrate what you have today - You may be in the midst of a difficult and desperate situation, but you are alive and breathing. Celebrate that.

Celebrate your strengths - And yes, you do have them. If there’s something that frustrates you about yourself think of it as a strength that's waiting to be discovered. Celebrate your strengths and the fact that God designed you and knit you together with those strengths. Celebrate by using them to bring Him glory.

Celebrate Forgiveness - Celebrate the healing and love that forgiveness has provided you through Jesus Christ.

I'll leave you with a few encouraging words from Rick Warren

Rick Warren - To discover the will of God you don’t know, do the will of God you do know.

Rick Warren - I'm expecting the manifest presence of God to find me where I am and show me what I need to change.

Rick Warren - Just as night conceals earth but reveals the universe, your dark times can reveal truths about God u wouldn’t see otherwise.

Now it's your turn...




1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am going to do that...celebrate myself today. I do not have a tiara and will not go out and get one but I am going to celebrate myself. As you said celebrate the successes and know that God can help me with what I am faced with now like a rebellious teen. Celebrate myself yes I am. Thanks Zoe, beautiful post.

Post a Comment

Home

About Me
Proverbs 31

P31 Speaker Blogroll
Previous Posts
Archives
Miscellaneous
Credits