Disappointment... One last thought

Many thanks for your comments on the subject of disappointment friends.

I'll end this subject with one more thought.

I'm sure each of us has experienced the disappointment of broken dreams, crushed hopes and the agony of seeking but never finding. The scars from that disappointment may linger, however for me, those scars serve as a reminder that God has not forgotten or forsaken me. Rather, it is as

Philippians 2:13 specifies.“It is God who is at work in you, both to will and to work for His good pleasure.” (NIV)

Embracing the truth in Isaiah 55:8 has brought me great comfort and hope in my times of disappointment.

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD." (NIV)

While we know God has a way of bringing about His perfect and sovereign will for our lives, the best cure for disappointment is placing my hope and trust in the One who makes things happen for our good and His glory.

What are your thoughts?



2 Comments:

Blogger Zoe said...

From our friend Kurt:while sharing with a friend recently about disappointment and failure she related to me a story of encouragement. " I went out walking before breakfast on Saturday with my father and we looked at his annual garden spot that he had plowed up the week before....he said something like "Nothing prettier than a freshly plowed field as long as you aren't afraid to let go of the things from last season" He was right the field was a pretty site indeed and full of potential. I think one of the challenges in life is to walk by faith and not by sight. If we walk by sight, then our disappointments appear as scorched earth. When we walk by faith, they are fields of places of potential new life. This is the truth in the parable of pruning.

Blogger Zoe Elmore said...

Joyce Watson Sometimes, God has something even better for our lives, than just what we think we want or need. Yes, it can be disappointing for alittle while, but He knows best...thank goodness. thanks for sharing!

Post a Comment

Home

About Me
Proverbs 31

P31 Speaker Blogroll
Previous Posts
Archives
Miscellaneous
Credits