Happy Sunshine Wednesday
my lovelies

I'm gaining so much insight from reading

The following passages continue to ring in my ears
and resonate in my heart.

"Satan's sin becomes the first sin of all humanity: the sin of ingratitude.
Adam and Eve are, simply, painfully, ungrateful for what God gave."
"Our fall was, and has been, and always will be, that we aren't satisfied
in God and what he gives. We hunger for
something more, something other."
Ann Voskamp


Are you reading this book?
Did the same passages impact your heart?
I hope you will share your lovely thoughts.






3 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

I'm not reading this book but now I'm planning on purchasing it. This statement hit me! It's so true and I hadn't realized it. Like many women I blamed everything on Eve, but have I been any different? Truly repenting this morning and grateful the Holy Spirit led you to share this!

Blogger weird jesus girl said...

I not only have read this book4 times. But I am leading a study with 25 women through one thousand gifts. When we can slow down and see the gifts we already have we can put our focus on the giver. This book has taught me to look for the gifts God has given me everyday. To experience his miracles I have to give thanks. Eucharisteo always precedes the miracle. I pray you see your gifts today. God bless. Happy reading.

Blogger Beatrice said...

Oh my what an impact that made to me today! I have known about this book but have never read it. Thank you for the reminder i will have to read it soon. I love it that GOD put this in your heart for you to share. Thank you for being a blessing in my life.

Post a Comment

Home

About Me
Proverbs 31

P31 Speaker Blogroll
Previous Posts
Archives
Miscellaneous
Credits