Taters Tea and a Tiara
Let me begin by thanking each of you for you precious prayers for comfort and peace.
The Lord has heard and answered with an abundance of both.

The funeral service for my sweet friend and mother-in-law was held yesterday afternoon and it was God centered, God honoring and a sweet tribute to the spiritual legacy Catherine leaves behind.

Both my husband Tom and our nephew Brad spoke at the service and reminded us of the many reasons why Catherine was such a blessing to all who knew her.
We can still smell the mountains of "taters" and angel biscuits as well as the oceans of "Special Sweet Tea" (recipe in Saturdays' post) that were made by her small and delicate hands.

Catherine always wore an apron while preparing and serving her family thousands of delicious meals. I find such comfort knowing that she now wears a tiara, is clothed in the righteousness of Christ as she dines
at the "Victory Dinner" served by our sweet Jesus.

We rejoice and celebrate the life and legacy that Catherine Moore Elmore leaves behind.

Oh Lord, may we be good stewards of what she planted in our hearts and lives, and help us to grow the legacy for YOUR glory. Amen.

I'd love to read your stories of spiritual legacy; please share them with us.



6 Comments:

Blogger Charlene Kidd said...

I was praying for you my sweet friend earlier today. I am so glad to here things are good. I will join you in rejoicing at the peace your mother-in-law has found. I will continue to pray for your family, as I know you will miss her.
Love,
Charlene

Blogger April said...

I am sorry to hear about your mother-in-law, but am so happy to hear of the wonderful legacy she has left with her family, and the great peace that was shared by all at the funeral. I had the privilege of hearing you speak as our featured speaker at our Women of Joy retreat at The Cove last year. Since then, I have delighted in getting the Proverbs 31 devotionals everyday. The one that you posted today was EXACTLY what I needed to hear. I spent last night making a mental list of all the mistakes I had made in my life and had come to the conclusion that I had failed myself, my husband, my children by not being the Proverbial woman I was meant to be. I went to bed sad and depressed, and had struggled off and on all day today, until I read today's devotion. I have cried and cried and felt the love of the Father so strongly sitting here at my computer! Thank you for being transparent and allowing our Heavenly Father to speak through you, you have so blessed me today! May God Bless you! Sincerely, April

Blogger Amy L Brooke said...

Zoe,

I'm sorry about your mother-in-law. I will pray for you.

I stopped by becasue of reading the P31 devotional you did. It spoke to me. I love that Eddison quote! I struggle with depression and have now for about 19 years! This year I am focusing on hope. To that end I am blogging weekly (or more) about some aspect of hope. Hope and joy seem interconnected to me . . . .

Thanks for sharing.

Amy

Blogger Amy Carroll said...

Zoe,
I'm was so sorry to hear about the loss of your mother-in-law. I'll be praying for you and Tom. I love your picture of her in a tiara with Jesus. I look forward to wearing one someday, too, surrounded by generations of princesses in Christ.

Love you, friend!

Blogger Shari Braendel said...

Oh my goodness Zoe, how did I not hear of your mother in law's passing? I am so sorry....I just e-mailed you tonight asking about her and then I came to visit your blog and read about it. Please know how sorry I am. Your tribute to her was beautiful. I hope your ankle is feeling better. love you, Shari

Blogger Jodie Wolfe said...

So sorry to hear of your recent loss and wanted you to know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. May He give you peace and comfort in the days ahead as only He can.

Post a Comment

Home

About Me
Proverbs 31

P31 Speaker Blogroll
Previous Posts
Archives
Miscellaneous
Credits