Stepping Out in Palatka Florida


Well friends , I thought I had experienced most everything at a retreat; but I can honestly say all of that changed this weekend in Palatka, Florida.
Charlene Kidd and I spoke together (and for those of you who've never heard Charlene speak; please get one of her tapes; she is fabulous! ) and the Lord did a wonderful job weaving our two topics together into one great retreat.
This was the 32nd women's retreat for Christ Independent Methodist Church.


We had such a great time meeting new sisters in Christ and ministering to all the sweet ladies there.




That lady looking at the books at the book table owns a Christian Bookstore called "Blessings" and Cathy is going to start carrying many of the books written by our Proverbs team. Yippee!!!!!




Here we are with our new friends Pam and Robin Robinson. Robin is the general manager for the Christan radio station 91.3 HOPE fm. Charlene did a live radio interview with Robin Thursday morning.




Okay, here is my newest retreat experience.

I finished speaking Saturday morning and closed my last session in prayer; nothing new about thatAfter the prayer I began the first line of a statement I usually make as I leave the stage in order to discourage any applause or attention; nothing new about that. "Ladies if I don't see you again on this side of heaven..." and then it happened.

I stepped out, walked right off the end of the stage and fell on the floor! Yes, Miss Grace fell two feet onto the concrete floor. I'm not kidding

Here I was on my side, dazed and wondering why I was lying on the floor in front of 200 women. I must tell you it was quite a surreal experience. All I can say is thank goodness I was wearing pants and not a dress or skirt! I don't mind being remembered for falling off the stage, I'm just grateful I won't be remembered for showing my underwear.

A number of ladies rushed to help me to my feet and without missing a beat I finished my sentence (you'll have to buy one of my CD's or attend one of my retreats to hear the end of my sentence HA!).
Charlene says she saw a few angels catch me and break my fall and she must be right; because I survived the fall with just a bruise on my right elbow and a little stiffness.

Praise the Lord, HE is good and faithful to His word.

Psalm 91:11-12, "For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways;they will lift you up in their hands; so that you will not strike your foot against a stone." (NIV)



19 Comments:

Blogger MelissaTaylor.org said...

Zoe Grace....As I read your story, 1st I gasped, then I felt sorry for you, then I laughed! Girlfriend, as I sit here unable to walk without crutches and my backside hurting from sitting for so long and my foot in extreme pain and still on ice (for the 6th day!)...I so needed this laugh! I'm sorry you fell though. And I'm thankful that you are okay. This is the perfect post to send all those She Speaks question people to...they want to know what speaking is really like...

Well Miss Grace, the women in Palatka will always remember you! And how fun that you and Charlene got to do this fun event together. Great messages, Great speakers, and entertainment to the very end!

Love you and thanks for sharing!
Love,
Melissa

Blogger Rachel Olsen said...

Oh my gracious! OUCH!

Is it too late to get a refund on your Touch of Elegance finishing school tuition?? :)

Girlfreind, I'm glad you are OK. I bet it was a great retreat - and one they won't soon forget!

Blogger Jodie Wolfe said...

Praise God that you were not hurt Zoe. It sounds like it was a memorable retreat! :)

Blogger Amy Carroll said...

Zoe,
My first reaction was a gasp and then I immediately wondered, "I wonder if her tiara was askew?!"

I'm so glad you're ok and that it's now a funny story to tell.

Hugs to you and kisses on your booboos,
Amy

Blogger April said...

Hey Zoe! Oh my goodness, bless your heart! I am so glad that you are okay!(and that you were wearing pants!) No matter how much grace and poise we possess, accidents still happen! I'm sure angels were there to cushion your fall, that could have been a bad one! Glad you're back home in one piece and laughing about it all now! I'm sure your Palatka ladies will remember you for far more than your fall, I've heard you speak and been so blessed, so much of what you spoke about is still with me and ministering to me. God bless! April
ps- I just had to tell you, I had an embarassing fall this past summer, and wasn't so lucky. I broke my left knee in three places, I still hate telling people how it happened! I prefer to say,"I had an accident!" But as always, God turned that situation around for good.

Blogger Holly said...

Zoe dear!
Oh my! I am so glad you're okay! What a scare! I'm sure it was very surreal. I loved your line about buying a CD to hear the rest of the story. Very quick and very cute - just like you!
love you girl -
holly

Blogger mandyb said...

Zoe, I am so glad you are okay. You have been the talk of the town since your spill--my sister and I just kept saying it happened so fast, like in a movie, one minute she was there and the next she wasn't there! The kick I got out of it was that it was exactly like something I would have done--I have so many scars on my poor legs from all the times I have fallen. Turns out, I have passed this awful trait onto my daughter--some days I wonder if her legs were really made for walking because she trips and falls so much! You will definitely not be forgotten, but not just because of your grand finale, but because of the wonderful message you brought to us. This was our first retreat and we only came on Saturday, but we regretted we missed your message on Friday. We absolutely enjoyed it. I also bought the devotional book and I love it! You were right, it is one of those books you want to by for all of your closest girlfriends! Hope your elbow heals fast, Mandy

Blogger Dawn Ward said...

Zoe, I'm so glad to hear you are okay.

Blessings,
Dawn

Blogger Zoe said...

Mandy B,

I'm so excited to know you and your sister attended the retreat and that I've left a lingering impression on the town. HA!
I pray you will be blessed by the devotional book and will experience Chirst in a new and fresh way as you read each one.
Pleae keep me posted on what the Lord is doing in your life as you dare to be DANGEROUS.
Zoe Grace

Blogger Charlene Kidd said...

I love your telling of our awesome weekend. I also did a post. I am glad to know that you are fine. I am praying for you as you return to work today.
Blessings,
Charlene

Blogger Charlene Kidd said...

I love your telling of our awesome weekend. I also did a post. I am glad to know that you are fine. I am praying for you as you return to work today.
Blessings,
Charlene

Blogger Charlene Kidd said...

I love your telling of our awesome weekend. I also did a post. I am glad to know that you are fine. I am praying for you as you return to work today.
Blessings,
Charlene

Blogger Adam Edward said...

Zoe- thank you so much. My wife, Kelly George, was on the committee and she has talked and talked and talked about how much she enjoyed you and Charlene. Glad to see you were not hurt falling off the stage.

Adam E. George, Ministry Assistant
Christ Ind Methodist Church
Palatka, FL

Blogger Adam Edward said...

Zoe- thank you so much. My wife, Kelly George, was on the committee and she has talked and talked and talked about how much she enjoyed you and Charlene. Glad to see you God kept you safe while you were making your "grand exit."

Adam E. George, Ministry Assistant
Christ Ind Methodist Church
Palatka, FL

Blogger Alene said...

Zoe,
Thank you for sharing and being real! I am glad to hear you had angels at your side. Just so you'll know you were not alone, we had a conference this weekend in south Texas and guess what -- one of our introducers fell off the stage as well. Goodness - must have been something in the air Saturday??
Keep sharing,
Alene

Blogger Zoe said...

Thanks for your sweet comments everyone. There don't appear to be any lingering affects from my tumble except a great story.

Alene I do hope your speaker floated to the floor on angels wings as well.

Blogger Sandy said...

I am so sorry you fell and glad you are OK. I am sure you left a memorable impression not only with your message but with your exit.

Blogger Charlene Kidd said...

Zoe,
Thinking of you this weekend. I am praying for you.
Charlene

Blogger Laura said...

Thanks for the chuckle! Will you ever speak again in a skirt? :-)

Post a Comment

Home

About Me
Proverbs 31

P31 Speaker Blogroll
Previous Posts
Archives
Miscellaneous
Credits