Girlfriends Serving Each Other
Hey friends,

Thanks to all of you who have signed on the the Clean House Challenge!!
Yeah! I'm glad to know we're doing our part to clean up and clean out our homes and minister to our favorite charities at the same time. Now this brings me to today's post.
I've had this idea for some time but this seems the best time to implement it and get it started all over the country.

I think it would be great if we got back to some good old fashioned girlfriend togetherness.
All of us live a whirlwind kind of life and we barley have time to brush our teeth much less spend quality time with our bestest (my word) girlfriends, so here's my idea.

Pick five friends and once a month one friend gets to have 1/2 a day with her girlfriends.
When it's your day you get to choose what the group will do.
Maybe it's meeting for coffee or lunch or a movie or helping you clean out your closet.
You fill in the blank... but twice a year you get to have your bestest girlfriends help you, minister to you or do whatever your little heart desires.

How about it are you ready to sign up for our Girlfriends Serving Each Other program?
Hey, there's got to be a better name for this... let me hear your ideas.




4 Comments:

Blogger Joyful said...

Such a sweet idea...and give me a few weeks and I might be able to think about it...at the moment having trouble seeing past today.

Thankful for my girlfriends who are serving me by praying right now....it's the best gift my family can receive.

Know what? I don't even think I have 5 friends who know each other...at least not well...and I struggle with finding a date that two are free....five? This will be a challenge, but one I need to pursue.

I love your party heart,
Joy

Blogger Chef Diane said...

As for my gal pals and I we call it: Ladies Night. Because a lot of my friends have small children and busy schedules it does take planning. I don't know why but usually it is me that has to plan it. I send out an email with something planned and usually there are 8-10 of us that get together.
Sometimes it is fun just to throw out an email and say I will be at the theater to see ..... love to have you join me. I think that day we had 14 ladies to see Mamma Mia. It was a great time to just break up the day.

Recently we started a Gather and Grow group and are up to about 14 or so ladies. We meet once a month for the study and one time in between for an activity. It really works well for our group.

Ladies Night: doesn't have to always be at night.
Diane

Hey Joy, I have always wanted to go to Canada

Blogger Wendy Blight said...

Zoe,

What a great idea. My post a few days ago was on girlfriends too!! I am so thankful for my girlfriends, especially the ones who faithfully pray for me and my family.

Every other Monday three of us join together in prayer and pray only for our husbands and children. It is a precious time, and we get to see God at work in our midst!! I encourage everyone to do this with a small group of women.

Love you, friend,

Wendy

Blogger Oh Dear said...

Once a month, we meet at the church to scrapbook and new folks are always invited!

Post a Comment

Home

About Me
Proverbs 31

P31 Speaker Blogroll
Previous Posts
Archives
Miscellaneous
Credits