19 Days and a Blanket of Blessing
Hey friends,
We are 18 days away from the wedding! Where has the time gone? I can't believe it's right around the corner.
Kelsey is leaving Charlotte today in order to do some work with her job in Baltimore and to finish up the last few wedding details.

May I ask you to join us as we pray for her safety as she drives to and from Baltimore and has many work obligations to fulfill in the next 8 days.

As she leaves I wanted to share what she presented me with last night.
She has been working on a very personal blanket for the last few months and even though it's not quite complete she wanted me to have this for a Birthday/Mother's Day gift.

Carefully and with great skill Kelsey has sewn beautiful fabrics together to make this blanket.
She has put the Elmore name in the center of the blanket in pink.
She will transfer pictures of Tom and I as children, newly married and with our sons onto individual squares on the blanket. What a treasure this is and will be for years to come.

I can't wait for you to see my blanket of blessing. I will post some pictures of it on a few days and then
when it's finished I will show you her completed handiwork.

In the meantime... here's a great picture of my beloved taken when we were in Roanoke for Easter.




7 Comments:

Blogger JottinMama said...

I already said a prayer for your Kelsey :)

Blessings to you during this very special and exciting time in your lives!

-Kate :)

Blogger Renee Swope said...

Praying for you and for your whole family. What an exciting time!!!

You are going to be one amazing mother-in-love for Kelsey. What a blessed woman she is!!

Can't wait to see that blanket!

Hugs,
Renee

Blogger Chef Diane said...

Zoe,

Praying for Kelsey as she is traveling. Praying as well for this life changing event for all of you.
What love and thought she had to make this personal blanket! A priceless treasure from your new daughter in law.

Enjoy these next couple weeks and soak it all in. By the way that is a great picture of you and the mister.
Congratulations to the the Elmore Family,
Diane

Blogger Joyful said...

Praying for Kelsey right now!

The blanket sounds absolutely beautiful. Can't wait to see some pics. How precious. I'm sure this will become a legacy of love and treasured heirloom.

Sweet picture of Tom and you - ADORABLE!!! Today my parents celebrate their 65th wedding anniversary. Hope to post some pics later of their small celebration. Praying it will be a good day for Dad.

Hugs,
Joy

Blogger Rachel Olsen said...

I prayed!

This wedding countdown is so much fun.

Smiles ~ R

Blogger Amy Carroll said...

Zoe,
I can't believe it's almost here! I've been following your wardrobe choices and planning. I need to start a notebook now from your notes for when it's my boys turn!

Love you greatly,
Amy

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Zoe~
what a blessing from your daughter-in-law to be!!! My heart is just "full" for you...as a mom of only boys also (who are as thoughtful as boys can be), I am looking forward to a day when there is a daughter-in-love in my life too! She sounds like a real sweetie!!

LOVE the pic of you and your beloved--very sweet.

said a prayer for safety for Kelsey and for you to enjoy the next 18 days of anticipation!

hugs,
Kim

Post a Comment

Home

About Me
Proverbs 31

P31 Speaker Blogroll
Previous Posts
Archives
Miscellaneous
Credits