Realizing Value
Colossians 2:6-7
“So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in Him, rooted and built up in Him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness”

To realize The value of a sister/brother
Ask someone Who doesn't have one.
To realize The value of ten years:

Ask a newly Divorced couple.
To realize The value of four years:

Ask a graduate.
To realize The value of one year:

Ask a student who Has failed a final exam.
To realize The value of nine months:
Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
To realize The value of one month:

Ask a mother who has given birth to a premature baby....
To realize The value of one week:
Ask an editor of a weekly newspaper.
To realize The value of one minute:

Ask a person Who has missed the train, bus or plane.
To realize The value of one-second:

Ask a person Who has survived an accident.
Time waits for no one.
Treasure every moment you have.

To realize the value of a friend or family member:
LOSE ONE.


This weekend Tom and I had the opportunity to share some time with our friends and new family members Debbie and Gary.
Debbie is Kelsey's biological mom, she and her husband Gary are incredible believers, strong and mature in their faith and walk with the Lord.
We knew their 20 year old son Adam had died three years ago as a result of a car wreck, but we had never heard the entire story.

They graciously told us the details and their heart ache from having their son leave this world to dance with Jesus.
Their words stayed with me all day long and even this morning as I write this post I am weeping at the thought of their tremendous loss.

With their story in mind today I am humbled beyond words as I remember all of the blessings the Lord has showered upon me and my family.

A Psalm of Gratitude
Make a joyful shout to the LORD, all you lands!
Serve the LORD with gladness,
Come before His presence with singing.
Know that the LORD, He is God;
It is He who has made us, and not we ourselves;
We are His people and the sheep of His pasture.
Enter into His gates with thanksgiving,
And into His courts with praise.
Be thankful to Him, and bless His name.
For the LORD is good;
His mercy is everlasting.
And His truth endures to all generations.
~Psalm 100~


Are you grateful for what you have and where you are today?


4 Comments:

Blogger Chef Diane said...

My heart is moved as you shared about this life cut too short. I was listening to a song this morning and a couple of the lines said,

"have you ever lost a loved one that you thought should still be here,
what if it's Him, what if it's God speaking?"

It is a beautiful song and it really made me think about my own boys. I can not imagine loosing a child, my heart grieves for them.

No matter how low the valley, God can always point us to others who might be in a bit more challenged place. It is up to us to look.

Thank you God for right where I am today and the hope that with you all things are possible.

Hugs Zoe,
Diane

Blogger fingerprints said...

Yes, it is so easy to forget this, too. That is why I continue to be an active member of COLE's Foundation (www.colesfoundation.com) and leave messages on CaringBridge sites. It reminds you daily that these things are happening daily to people.

JD

Blogger Julie Zine Coleman said...

I LOVE your purple and green comparisons-- perspective makes all the difference.

My son got engaged last week-- I posted a pic on my blog. So now our journey begins, just as yours comes to a close on wedding matters!

Blogger Cheri Bunch said...

Wow! This is powerful! Thank you for sharing it.

Blessings,
Cheri

Post a Comment

Home

About Me
Proverbs 31

P31 Speaker Blogroll
Previous Posts
Archives
Miscellaneous
Credits