Am I Getting Old?
Hey friends,

Tom and I were away last week on business and now it's back to work and back to the business of normal life. Whew!
Anyhoo... back to today's question "Am I Getting Old?"
I know we've shared stories in the past and I haven't felt too old lately until this last week.

I've said for the last five years "You know you're getting old, when you watch jeopardy every day (sorry Jeopardy lovers) and you have to call your teenage or twenty something child to program the latest electronic toys you just purchased."

Well, from that description, I am not getting old, I AM old. Mercy NO!!! This can't be!!!!!
We recently gave my car to our son and daughter-in-law and I purchased a newer one.
While I enjoy having that new car smell, can I just say that this car is the hardest thing the world to figure out. We purchased a few "toys" to make my traveling "easier", but I'm just saying...
I can't figure out how to do much more than put this thing in drive. LOL

How embarrassing to call the dealership and ask for a tutorial on how to use my car. :-(
Good grief! Now before you ask... Yes, I did sit in my driveway over the weekend for over an hour with the car running trying my best to make sense of the 4 owners manuals. Yes, I said 4 owners manuals! After one hour and all my neighbors stopping by to ask what I was doing I didn't know anymore than I began, in fact I think I deleted some of the basic set-up items. Good Grief!!
So this morning I swallowed what little pride this new car has left me and scheduled a tutorial with the 12 year old salesman. Okay, he's not really 12 years old but he looks it and he knows how to work all the electronic toys like a whiz bang 12 years old video game champion.

Good Grief Y'all, I AM OLD!! Okay, I look good, but I AM Old!!!!!

Can you encourage this old gal and share your stories.





7 Comments:

Blogger Chef Diane said...

Zoe,

We are not old, we are seasoned. LOL
I don't have that problem with a new car but other things. I will share it with only you. (smile)

In my youth one of my loves was to play video games. Loved the classics of Super Mario, Tetris, Donkey Kong. I am a Nintendo kind of gal. Anyhoo when the kids were growing up I was the one who got the latest handheld game first.(sounds selfish now, but they eventually got it)

When Wi came out, that was the first indication that I was "seasoned."

I thought to myself why would they call a game "Wi" and pronounce it "we." I thought it was pronounced "Why", no wonder the kids laughed at me.

When I saw how they played it, I thought that is just way to much work for a video game. "How are you going to chill playing that?"
They were sweating for goodness sakes!

Then one day I tried it. I was very thankful that no one was home because it must have looked spastic. I gave myself a good laugh. I still don't play much in public.

Here is the good part.

I decided to rent a Wi game the other night. After sitting down and pushing a button literally for 10 minutes trying to get some "action" I finally got to jump and spin for something.

Whoot, I thought to myself this new stuff is for the birds. I went to the closet and pulled out the "old school stuff." Out came my Super Nintendo with the old school controlers that I new just by the touch. There were the classics of Super Mario Brothers 1,2 and 3 and my favoorite game of all time Dr. Mario. I said to myself "you go girl" then it hit me.

I couldn't figure out how to make the old school system work with the new stuff. I shook my head in defeat. But I thought to myself.. I'll be back. LOL

Zoe we are seasoned classics. Honey if we can't figure this new stuff out, we need to just make the old classics work their magic to get the new stuff working.

Hope that helped to know your not alone and not old.

Remember now, your the only one who knows this. tee hee.
Hugs,
Diane

Blogger Melanie said...

Zoe and chef diane - these posts cracked me up. I'm measuring my age lately by how much i'm spending at doctor's appts and this and that pill... and trying not to talk about my aches and pains because who wants to hear that??? Chef Diane, I've played our Wi exactly one time, and that was with the boys helping me out. so you were ambitious!

Blogger Joyful said...

LOL!!! Enjoyed this post and the comments.

Diane, I play Wii with my son, but I'm so uptight afterwards I cease to find the enjoyment!! The downhill skiing just about takes everything out of me and my heart is racing so quickly!

Melanie, my girlfriends and I laugh that we see each other more in Dr's offices than anywhere else. Our best visits occur in the waiting rooms...in fact...I was there today!!! LOL.

The other day I wanted to watch a DVD and I couldn't even figure out how to get it to play. We have four remotes and I was going from one to another before calling my son, who within seconds had the movie playing successfully.

I found some fun quotes you might enjoy.

You know you're old when:
Your back goes out more than you do.

You quit trying to hold your stomach in, no matter who walks into the room.

You buy a compass for the dash of your car.

Your arms are almost too short to read the newspaper.

You sing along with the elevator music.

You would rather go to work than stay home sick.

You enjoy hearing about other people's operations.

You consider coffee one of the most important things in life.

You no longer think of speed limits as a challenge.

People call at 9 pm. And ask, "Did I wake you?"

You send money to PBS.

You wear black socks with sandals.

You can't remember the last time you laid on the floor to watch television.

Your ears are hairier than your head.

You got cable for the weather channel.

You can remember your mom wearing nylons that came in two pieces.

Just sharing some fun. Hope something made you smile.

"Grow old along with me! The best is yet to be..." Robert Browning

Hugs,
Joy

Blogger Chef Diane said...

Wi is a great concept. I think it is awesome, but wish I was 20 years younger so that I could figure it out.
That XBOX 360 stuff, I can't do the 3-D stuff it makes me sick to my tummy.

Joy I love the quotes.Melanie it seems I have more of a social life at the pharmacy and Doctor's office than I do on the outside.

I have one for you Joy. I know some older people who get the daily paper to check the obituaries.

First they say they check to make sure they aren't in it.

Second they check to see how many social events they will have that week.

Now that is old!

LOLOLOLOL
Diane

Blogger Oh Dear said...

I am 35 and my oldest is 8 and I am already feeling it!
I realize part of it is my choice not to own some stuff so yeah, I don't know much about it.

Blogger Joyful said...

LOL Diane!!!! Good one!!! Thanks for my morning chuckle! Love ya!

Blogger MelissaTaylor.org said...

Zoe,

Shut up!!!!! I do watch Jeopardy every day! When I get one question right, I feel smart and proceed to dance around my den and let everyone else know how smart I am!

If you are old, then you are the youngest old person I know!!!!! If you are old, then I can't wait to get old like you!!!!!

You make me feel good. I love reading your writing and even more spending time with you....which is not enough.

Love you,
Melissa

Post a Comment

Home

About Me
Proverbs 31

P31 Speaker Blogroll
Previous Posts
Archives
Miscellaneous
Credits