Learning Not to Fear
Welcome Friends,

I'm glad you stopped by after reading today's Proverbs 31 devotion
.http://proverbs31devotions.blogspot.com/

If you've struggled with or are struggling with fear I hope you will do two things.

(1) Write out Joshua 1:6-7, "Be strong and courageous, because you will lead these people to inherit the land I swore to their forefathers to give them.Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go." (NIV)

These were the first verses I wrote in the "Fear Busters" section of my journal. I studied them for weeks and have many pages of notes on them. I have learned many important truths and they continue to minister to me.

(2) Get my friend Wendy Blight's book
Hidden Joy in a Dark Corner. http://shopp31.com/hiddenjoyinadarkcorner.aspx

Wendy shares her story of overcoming fear after a brutal rape. No matter what fears you have today friend, I'm confident you can learn some valuable lessons from Wendy.
Wendy has such a testimony of hope in the power of God that everyone can learn something from her.


You can also listen to Wendy's compelling story on Family life today.

http://www.oneplace.com/ministries/FamilyLife_Today/

Please take a few minute to listen and learn from one who has experienced replacing fear with hope.

I'm praying for you today as you allow the Lord to replace your fear with His hope.
Please use what our heavenly Father has already given to us, His love, His power and His self control.
Now, walk in confidence knowing our sweet Jesus is with you in your present circumstance.


Here's one more word of encouragement for you from my sweet friend Micca Cambell.
http://www.miccacampbell.com/2010/01/fear-driven-parent.html


"When Goliath came against the Israelites, the soldiers all thought, 'He's so big we can never kill him.' But David looked at the same giant and thought, 'He's so big, I can't miss.'"



12 Comments:

Blogger Joyful said...

Zoe...UNBELIEVABLE!!!! Last night...just before midnight, I wrote this: http://ponderinginhispresence.blogspot.com/2010/01/i-rode-elevator-twice.html

Please read when you have a moment. I so needed this encouragement again today to confirm this new journey God is asking me to travel. Yes, I will write out that verse!!! Oh how you have encouraged my heart today!!!

Hugs,
Joy

Anonymous Leigh said...

You spoke straight to my heart today with your devotion. Thank you.

Blogger Joyful said...

Zoe...just read your devotion (it hadn't arrived in my Inbox before my last comment.) Know that the Lord has used you mightily in my life today!

I'm sorry your life used to be controlled by fear...but that too encourages me! I don't see you as a fearful woman at all...you are a warrior princess! Yes, you might still have fears, but you choose to walk in faith. Your life is not defined by your fears. It just gives me so much hope to see a modern day "David" facing her giants "head on" and being obedient.

Love ya Zoe! God's timing today is still overwhelming me! Yesterday I began to daily pray that the Lord will place some circumstance before me where I have the opportunity to choose to be brave. He knows this timid little heart, but it is filled with His power. Praying I will make steps again today to move from the land of fear.

His (warrior) princess,
Joy

Blogger Debra said...

Thank You Zoe, Your encouragement was wonderful.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Zoe,
I've been a subscriber to the "Encouragement for Today" devotional for a few years now and used to read it regularly. Even though I was always encouraged by what I read there, I slowly got out of the habit of reading it.

Until today.

Your devotional on fear was exactly what I needed today...I mean exactly.

Just wanted you to know that God has used that devotional in my life. Thank you for writing it!

Have a blessed day!

Tracie

Blogger Colleen Reske said...

Zoe,

Thank you for your helpful thoughts on living without fear. Leaning on God for everything we need, including comfort from fears that threaten to overwhelm us, is the only way I have found to have peace in the midst of the chaos of life's struggles.

Thank you for your encouragement, and the verses you shared. We all face very real fears in our lives. When we trust God and know He is truly in control, we can replace our fear with God's peace. The we can move forward with our lives and deal with the issues at hand.

Blessings!

Anonymous Andrea said...

Thank you, Zoe, for this needed reminder of God's ever-present help in our fear! I, too, struggle, with fears, anxieties, phobias, etc. I am trying to follow His leading step-by-step, relying on His faithfulness to help me overcome my fears and keep walking with Him daily.

Andrea

Blogger Unknown said...

Zoe, I praise God for todays message. It spoke directly into the heart of the situation I am facing today and have been avioding for sometime... I have new hope now to rise up and attack the ememy who enjoys cornering me with my fears. I am also comforted by the other comments, these ladies are speaking my language!!

Many blessings, Gabriella

Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of my prayers daily is that I will no longer feel the fear and anxiety that paralyzes me and that those feelings will be replaced with God's wonderful peace and joy. I thank you for reminding me that Satan uses this weapon to derail us and keep us from serving our Lord. I know God sent this devotion to people like me who want so desparately to be free of paralyzing fear. Please pray for me as I continue to ask God to replace my fears with peace and joy.

Thanks!
Anne

Anonymous Doris said...

Thanks for this post. It's the end of the day, I was pondering a huge decision that I need to make in the next 2 days. Fear grips my heart. I want to hear the Lord and obey. But what I believe I am hearing makes little sense...so the merry-go-round continues! I checked the devotional since I hadn't read it this morning. Oh-my-word! "Speak, Lord, for your servant is listening"!

Blogger Micca said...

Thanks Zoe for writing on this topic. Each of us struggle with fear from time to time. Your words were a BIG encouragement today to me and so many others!
Also, thanks for mentioning me. You're such a sweetie-pie! I just love you!

Blogger Jennifer DeDonato said...

I am so happy to have read your devotion today. So totally needed to hear it. I will read it again and again so it really sinks in. Thanks

Jen

Post a Comment

Home

About Me
Proverbs 31

P31 Speaker Blogroll
Previous Posts
Archives
Miscellaneous
Credits