Almost Home
Hi friends,
It's Day 8 of the fire displacement and can I just say we are more than ready to be back in our home. Washing out your unmentionables in the bathroom sink has lost it's glamor and sleeping in a double bed after our king size bed at home is exhausting. Last night I slipped out of bed and slept sitting up against the wall so Tom could rest better.
Tonight, I think I'll make a pallet on the floor and sleep there.

IF the power company installs a new power meter and IF the power company turns on our power on Thursday, there is the tiniest opportunity that we may be home in 6-7 more days. If not... it could be as long as two more weeks.


Dorothy was right...
There's no place like home
There's no place like home
There's no place like home.



2 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

I have so been thinking of you but most importantly praying for you and your family. I know it is unsettling to be out of your home. I am just praising God that it is all that it was. God bless your day.

Blogger Joyful said...

Oh my sweet friend...how I pray the Lord will do immeasureably more than you can ask or imagine and that you will be home soon....and if not...I pray He gives you a King sized bed...or at least a Queen...after all, you are royalty. :) Like Sarah said, I am just so thankful that you and Tom are OK...makes the double bed seem not so bad.

Hugs,
Joy

Post a Comment

Home

About Me
Proverbs 31

P31 Speaker Blogroll
Previous Posts
Archives
Miscellaneous
Credits