Your Ebenezer


In my last post, I encouraged you to celebrate a number of things while in the midst of persevering through your current circumstances. One thing I encouraged you to celebrate was your Ebenezer. For those of you who missed that post, I'll bring you up to speed.

Revisiting those times when you experienced God's faithfulness and provision offers encouragement for what we're facing today. An Ebenezer is a "stone of help," or a reminder of God’s Real, Holy Presence and Divine aid.
1 Samuel 7:12, "Then Samuel took a stone and set it up between Mizpah and Shen. He named it Ebenezer, saying, “Thus far the LORD has helped us.”" (NIV)
This thought is even in one verse of the hymn "Come thou Fount of Very Blessing"

Have you ever recorded His wonderful and marvelous blessings? If you have, pull out those pages and revisit your own story in your own words.
If you've never recorded your story, ask the Lord to bring those times and experiences to your mind and jot them down.

I love to revisit the pages of my journals. To be reminded of the hard places and God's amazing provision and presence.
Now, I'd like to ask you to share your Ebenezer Stones with us. I'm confident it will be an encouragement to us all.





4 Comments:

Blogger Melanie said...

My Ebenezer comes from a very heartbreaking moment on Dec. 15, 2009. It's the day I bathed my boy, (Andrew, 12 yrs. old) for the last time. He was in a hospital bed and had just passed from this earth to Heaven. The nurse gave me options for bathing his body. I chose to stay in the room and wash his body myself with help from the sweet nurse. I had given him his first bath and I would give him his last.
I believe that God infused me with the power to do that last act. HE was faithful even though we did not see our miracle in our "present." HE has come to my aid many times in the past several months. HE continues to be present through tears and the ferocity of unfairness and pain. I have found that HIS faithfulness is not always in the "taking away of hurt" but in the "fellowship of hurt". The pain remains but I always have an unseen partner in the pain and that is my Ebenezer and that is my promise from HIM...that HE will never leave.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think my Ebenezer moment came when I thought my hubby was going to walk out the door over a decision I made after much heartfelt prayer and God took his heart and opened it up to let him see I was obeying him. Hubby came back to me and we were deeper in love than ever before and closer to God. He continues to help us both be obedient. I am so thankfu for that.

Blogger Kim said...

Melanie, my sweet sister, your words mean so much to me. I am in an Ebenezer time right now. My marriage is failing, my husband doesn't know "if he loves me anymore." I have been feeling so lost and alone. Reading your words really helped. I do have "an unseen partner." Thank you so much for reminding me! Praying for you.

Blogger Joyful said...

Remembering God's goodness and faithfulness. God's mercies are everlasting and His covenant is forever. A battle has been fought and a victory has been won. A monumental stone is erected.

Here...in this place...at this time...in this circumstance...surrounded by pain...I raise my Ebenezer. I remember God's past blessing of help and it strengthens me for this trial and the next. God who is the same yesterday, today and forever cannot change. He still creates moments for Ebenezers.

I have an "Answered Prayer" jar that contains slips of paper journalling God's provision. Not always "yes" answers...but always answers.

Our "thus far's" will walk us home.
He IS faithful,
Joy

Post a Comment

Home

About Me
Proverbs 31

P31 Speaker Blogroll
Previous Posts
Archives
Miscellaneous
Credits