Tuesday Tune-Up
Psalm 91:1, "He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty." (NIV)


"I find it shelter to speak to you"

Is this a true statement regarding your relationship with Christ?

Are you experiencing the "Shelter" He provides from fear, anxiety, rejection, abandonment, incompleteness, confusion, comparison, doubt, worry, negative self talk, anger, un-forgiveness, bitterness, poor self image, a painful past, an uncertain future, insecurity, insignificance?

Here are seven verses I hope you will use this week as you apply the shelter our Jesus offers.

Psalm 27:5, "For in the day of trouble he will keep me safe in his dwelling; he will hide me in the shelter of his tabernacle and set me high upon a rock."

Psalm 32:7, "You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance. Selah"

Psalm 90:1, "A prayer of Moses the man of God. Lord, you have been our dwelling place throughout all generations."

Psalm 119:114, "You are my refuge and my shield; I have put my hope in your word."

Psalm 121:5, "The LORD watches over you--the LORD is your shade at your right hand;"

Proverbs 29:25, "Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe."

Isaiah 32:2, "Each man will be like a shelter from the wind and a refuge from the storm, like streams of water in the desert and the shadow of a great rock in a thirsty land."

I'm praying you will share your story with us as you find shelter this week.





1 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

Zoe--
i loved this :-) God has been my shelter. Glory. He has been my shield and the glory and the lifter of my head. I lived as a single missionary in Nepal for 2 years about a year and a half ago. There was always political riots going on.. never a dull moment that is for sure. At times I had to walk to language school with motorcycle helmet on because of the bricks thrown during riots at the very white stick out blonde hair blue eyed white girl. And God was the shield about me, my shelter. And now back in America.. I just think of the JOYS of how Jesus can emotionally shelter to. When in Haiti two weeks ago I watched a mama chicken who would run around with her litle chicks behind her.. when I would come up to try to pick up a chick (much to the orphans there dismay.. they thought i was crazy!) she would cluck loudly and gather those chickens under her wings. Ps. 63 my favorite Psalms talks about how we can find the joy of shelter under HIS wings. No matter what happens .. I wanna be under the wings of the one who spoke that chicken into being!

Post a Comment

Home

About Me
Proverbs 31

P31 Speaker Blogroll
Previous Posts
Archives
Miscellaneous
Credits