Wednesday Words of Wisdom
Happy Wednesday lovelies,
I found this quote and would love your thoughts

It's not what I do, but the way
I do it. It's not what I say,
but the way I say it."
Mae West

Rest on the second part of this quote for a moment.
I'm confident each of us has been on the receiving end, or maybe you've even said it ourselves.
"I was joking!"
Does following a rude or insultingcomment with the phrase “I was joking” negate the sting/injury to the person on the receiving end? Does it erase the lasting effects? Does that phrase make us lovely and innocent; now devoid of responsibility for the negative words flowing from our lips?
Friends, free speech may be a right, but speech is certainly not free. There are always consequences for what we say, whether or not we acknowledge the impact our words really make.

Proverbs 18:21, "The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit." (NIV)

Is there a disconnect between your words and your intention?

I'll leave you with a bit of pretty today.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

About Me
Proverbs 31

P31 Speaker Blogroll
Previous Posts
Archives
Miscellaneous
Credits