Fitness Assessment
Okay friends,
Today is the day, in fact in one hour I will be in the midst of my latest fitness assessment at Fitness Together.
It's been a few months since my last assessment and I'm not looking forward to this.
Yikes... blood pressure, heart rate, weight, oxygen saturation after a short run on the treadmill, men's push ups, flexibility and a whole host of other variables.
In my last assessment I did 20 men's push-ups without stopping and just 2 weeks ago I did 30.
THEN one hour later later I have a full training session with Mike the madman.

I'm tired and weary after 10 days straight of work, pre- conference training and She Speaks.
Okay, I'm whining. I know, I know, but I don't want my results to be "less than" they were last time.
I don't want to "go backward" after all the progress we've made this last year.
Twenty pounds and twenty seven inches in twelve months is a HUGE reduction for me and I just don't want to see any numbers today that take away from that.
Okay, so why am I scared? What exactly am I afraid of? So what if I "don't measure up" on this assessment and why do I think my results will be "less then" anyway? I've stayed on track with my eating and my "slip-ups" consisted of 12 Triscuit crackers and a few handfuls of baked veggie chips, but I've only worked out 4 times in ten days. 
I have no clue where this is coming from or why I feel like this.
Oh well... I'm off to face the music and the results. I'll post the good, the bad and the ugly later




1 Comments:

Blogger LauraLee Shaw said...

Hope it goes well, Zoe. I'm nervous for you!!!! I've been wanting to try that place out, but alas, I joined the "Y" instead...one of these days I'm going to tell a yoga story that humbled me out of my mind!!!

Post a Comment

Home

About Me
Proverbs 31

P31 Speaker Blogroll
Previous Posts
Archives
Miscellaneous
Credits