Take my Picture?
Well friends,
Once again it's time to have some professional pictures made and those discouraging old tapes are spinning in my head today.
"You should have lost those 5 pounds you've gained."
"You should have used those Crest whitening strips sitting in your bathroom drawer."
"You should have picked a different outfit."
"You should have colored your grey roots"

On and on they go, playing again and again like a broken record.
For those of you who don't know what a broken record is, it's how we used to enjoy music in the dark ages. LOL!!!
You'd think as old as I am I'd be able to pull the plug on those discouraging and defeating tapes once and for all, yet they find a way to creep into my brain.

At least now I recognize them for what they are...
Lies from the great deceiver himself, our enemy, our foe. Satan.
Now I simply remind my enemy who I am...
a beloved and tresured princess daughter of the King of Kings
And I remind him of whose I am...
a beloved and treasured princess daughter of The Lord of Lords

I've learned to pray this verse out loud, thus banishing the enemy from my mind, my attitude and my day.
1 John 4:4, "You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world." (NIV)

What "You should" lies is the enemy whispering in your ear today?
How will you choose to handle the broken record of lies you hear?


2 Comments:

Blogger Joyful said...

We are our own worst critics! You my sweet friend, are adorable! Why do we let insecurity steal the glow from our tiara's?

The only way to silence the broken record is to stop playing it! In fact...we shouldn't even keep it! We need to truly break it and listen to hear God singing over us (Zeph 3:17).

Wonder what song He's singing over you and me today? Makes me smile to think about it. :)

Love ya,
Joy

Blogger Bridget said...

Hey beautiful lady...those are amazing pictures. I can not wait to read the article (assuming it's in P31).
Congratulations!

Post a Comment

Home

About Me
Proverbs 31

P31 Speaker Blogroll
Previous Posts
Archives
Miscellaneous
Credits