And Off He Goes...
Today My baby boy sets out for the next chapter in his life.
He just pulled out of the driveway headed to Texas for some flight training in order to fulfill his dream of flying planes as a career. Joe has worked hard to complete his degree in Professional Aviation and we got the good news yesterday that he passed his final class and will be graduating from Embry Riddle in a few weeks. Hip Hip Hooray!!!

This child of mine has wanted to fly planes since he was two years old and the Lord has opened this door for him. I won't give all the details here, just know that the training Joe will receive will not cost us one penny, but will save us over $150,000.00. Talk about a faithful heavenly Father!!!!!






So long my baby boy. I'm praying for you with every passing minute and with every mile that take you to the fulfilment of your dream job. May you recognize and experience God's handiwork in your life.
Now... for all the ladies from First Baptist in Matthews, I can't wait for our time together this weekend.
I'm putting the finishing touches on the message the Lord has for all of us.
I can't wait to meet you at the beach tomorrow night.
Safe travels to everyone.


7 Comments:

Blogger Wendy Blight said...

Zoe,

I have tears thinking of you saying goodbye. I LOVE how you focus on the Lord in the midst...His provision, His fulfilling of a childhood dream. You always inspire me, sweet friend!

Blessings,

Wendy

Blogger Oh Dear said...

I guess this is the part where you truly, give him wings! WOW!

Please stop by my blog, I need some help....

Thanks Zoe!

Blogger Joyful said...

OK, if it's your son that's leaving, why am I crying? :)

Beautiful my friend. God's goodness shines all over this post. Thanking Him for all He is doing. Praying for you this weekend too. Wish I was there.

Hugs,
Joy

Blogger Chef Diane said...

What a wonderful way to end the day! I have been praying for you and Joe today. This bittersweet goodbye is the beginning of a new chapter in both of your lives.
Hugs my friend,
Travel safe this weekend,
Diane

Blogger Joyful said...

Zoe, I had to come back. I read a verse this morning that immediately made me think of this post I read last night.

Ezra 6:4, "All expenses will be paid by the royal treasury."

All your son's expenses paid by the royal treasury. I loved that!!! And so fitting for you, princess. The King is looking after you and your son.

Hugs to you today.
Praying for you!
Love,
Joy

Blogger Kim said...

Zoe,
God is so amazing! And to know all the many prayers that have been lifted up on his behalf.
Tears came just a flowing as I looked at the picture of his car driving off. I pray he realizes what a praying mama he has at home on her knees. What a privilege we have to pray for our children.
I'm so excited for him, Zoe.

Blogger ~Grace and Peace said...

Zoe,
I came from Joy's blog.

Congratulations on your son!!! Wow! God's provision is amazing.

We dropped ours off to college three days ago. This momma is having a hard time adjusting but I entrusted him the Lord - I just have to keep remembering that.

Post a Comment

Home

About Me
Proverbs 31

P31 Speaker Blogroll
Previous Posts
Archives
Miscellaneous
Credits