Are you making Progress
Hey friends,


For those of you who have been following my blog, you know I've been working out for about 15 months. Well I just finished, a metabolic assessment with the awesome and annihilating Anthony at Fitness Together.
Whew! I barely have the energy to type. Have Mercy!!!

Okay, so here is what I had to do after 15 minutes of walking uphill on the treadmill at 4 miles an hour.



Jump rope 100 times and do
16 kettle bell swings



Jump rope 110 times and do 18 kettle bell swings
Jump rope 120 times and do 20 kettle bell swings
Get the picture????
I made it all the way to:
Jumping rope 190 times and 32 Kettle Bell swings.




That's1660 jumps and 216 kettle bell swings in 40 minutes!





Now what does all this mean?


Besides the fact that my shins and calves are already as tight as a stuffed pig?

It means, I can do more than I thought I could or ever wanted to do.
It means I can push myself harder and farther than I ever thought possible.

It means I'm stronger than I was 15 months ago when I could only jump rope 25 times and didn't even know what a kettle bell was.
It means I am making progress.


Yes, I've put on a few pounds since the summer and yes, I'm VERY frustrated with that.
PLEASE don't write back and say that I'm gaining muscle and muscle weighs more than fat and every one needs more muscle than fat.
Right now, I just know that my clothes aren't fitting as well as they did 8 months ago.


Okay, now that I've gotten that off my chest, no more whining!


It means that I must continue to move forward, set more goals and continue to work hard.
It means I can NOT stop like I've done my entire life when things get hard and I don't see the results I'm looking for.
It means I can NOT give up, or slow down or even take a break.

According to the dictionary, progress is a movement toward a goal or to a further or higher stage,
To grow or develop.
Going on; under way; being done; happening.

So today friends, as I hobble around with sore calves and shins, I'll be grateful that I have a body that can get up, jump rope and swing a 12 pound kettle bell and experience real progress.

Progress isn't easy, usually it isn't pretty and sometimes progress even stinks (be thankful you're not experiencing the sweat stains on my shirt).

BUT...
Progress is good and progress is necessary!
As someone reminded me:
If you're not making progress you're just going backward.

So go out and make some progress of your own today.
If you're willing, I'd love to hear your story.

"I walk slowly, but I never walk backward." Abraham Lincoln
"There are no constraints on the human mind, no walls around the human spirit, no barriers to our progress except those we ourselves erect." Ronald Reagan






2 Comments:

Blogger Jeff said...

That is an awesome job! Congrats to you for being more fit then you were before. You are in great hands with Anthony. It sounds like you have the right attitude. You are definitely making progress. Just remember that there are so many way to measure success in fitness.

A friend of Josh's.

Jeff Heal

Blogger Jodie Wolfe said...

Hi Zoe!

Sounds like you are doing great! You have been in my thoughts and prayers.

Blessings to you,
Pearls

Post a Comment

Home

About Me
Proverbs 31

P31 Speaker Blogroll
Previous Posts
Archives
Miscellaneous
Credits