Never Forgotten
Hey friends,

Happy Tuesday morning to all of you.
I wanted to share some news with you today.
Many of you have been praying with us for our youngest son Joseph as he continues to wait on the Lord to open the doors to a job as a pilot and for Joseph to get his spiritual life back on track.

First, let me thank you from the bottom of our hearts. This adventure has been such a roller coaster for all of us. Parenting an adult child who has had to move back in with mom and dad is new territory for Tom and I for sure!!!

Joseph has been so discouraged during this time. I'm confident a deeper relationship with Christ would be of great comfort to him.

BUT GOD has chosen to encourage our child today.
Joseph is driving to Ocean City Maryland for an interview at this very minute. There is no guarantee he will get this job towing banners at the beach, BUT GOD is encouraging our child.

In all honesty, in the last two weeks I have been a bit discouraged, feeling left out and forgotten.
This morning as the sun rose above the tree tops I was reminded that my Heavenly Father is faithful to ALL his promises. He never fails to provide for us and we are NEVER Forgotten.

The Lord gave me these two verses today. I'm holding onto them, praying them as I type and as I work today. I'm writing them and placing them where I can see in my office.


Psalm 43:5, "Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God." (NIV)

Psalm 119:16, "Sustain me according to your promise, and I will live; do not let my hopes be dashed." (NIV)


Are you waiting on something from the Lord today? Are you struggling while you wait?
Please share your heart with us.

I'd love to keep the conversation going on this topic this week as there will be a devotion on this later this week on the Proverbs 31 web-site.




3 Comments:

Blogger Joyful said...

Oh Zoe...continuing to pray...for Joseph and for Tom and you. God IS faithful. He HAS NOT forgotten you regardless of how it feels. Oh, the number of times I have felt abandoned...yet my heart holds on to the truth that He promises to NEVER leave me or forsake me...and that means...NEVER!

You are not overlooked. El Roi, the God who sees, has His eye on you. We can't ever allow feelings or circumstances to tell us otherwise. God's eyesight, unlike mine, has not grown dimmer with the passing time. He knows everything you will face today and all your tomorrow's. He has experienced the loneliness of isolation and the feeling of being forsaken. Although these emotions cannot be denied at times, you can deny their authority over you, for you have been chosen by the King of Kings.

Zoe, I wrote this over a year ago, but it might minister to your heart today: http://ponderinginhispresence.blogspot.com/2009/01/forgotten-but-not-forsaken.html (Interestingly enough...it is based on the life of Joseph!)

Love ya friend...so much. I wait with you.
Hugs,
Joy

Blogger Rachel Olsen said...

Thought of you while at the Kindred Spirit box ... knowing you've been there before.

I pray God pulls Joseph in tight and whispers unmistakably in his ear.

Hugs, friend ~ Rachel

Anonymous Evalyn said...

Zoe,
I can so relate to what your son, Joseph, is going through. At age 50, I have found myself in a very dry period of unemployment, extending 18 months. We have gotten by with contract jobs here and there but it has been a time of deep discouragement for me. I am happy to report, though, that I just received a full time job offer and will start mid-July.

My heart goes out to those recent college graduates who are entering the job market at such a volatile and challenging time. My heart also goes out to your son, as my husband also had dreams of becoming a commercial pilot but did not make it through Air Force Undergraduate Pilot Training -- and this was 25 years ago. So I completely understand your son's challenges in his chosen career field. As for my husband, he now works in maintenance for a leading airline. I know there are days that he wishes he was out flying rather than sitting behind a desk.

But I pray today that God will make a way for Joseph's dream to come true.

Please also pray for me as I start my new job and as I begin my earnest quest to lose weight for medical reasons.

Post a Comment

Home

About Me
Proverbs 31

P31 Speaker Blogroll
Previous Posts
Archives
Miscellaneous
Credits