Father's Day



Father's Day always brings a bit of sadness my way, it's a reminder that my daddy is dancing with Jesus and I'm unable to wish him a Happy Father's Day in person.

Here are a few quotes about Father's Day that will bring a smile to my face. I hope you'll enjoy them too.

A truly rich man is one whose children run into his arms when his hands are empty. ~Author Unknown


Father! - to God himself we cannot give a holier name. ~William Wordsworth

A father carries pictures where his money used to be. ~Author Unknown

The greatest gift I ever had
Came from God; I call him Dad!
~Author Unknown


I love my father as the stars - he's a bright shining example and a happy twinkling in my heart. ~Terri Guillemets

Dad, your guiding hand on my shoulder will remain with me forever. ~Author Unknown

Here a few helpful hints on being a great dad.

Schedule a few moments of together time every day.

If you live with your child, one of the best ways to meet with your child at least once a day is to have at least one meal together every day. We used to take turns talking about the best, funniest or most interesting thing that happened that day.

Tom always enjoyed bath time with our sons and our sons loved Tom's bedtime stories.

Make sure every child feels valued and noticed.

Every child needs to feel loved, noticed and valued. Every child craves positive affirmation from their fathers. This can be a simple as small gestures, words or actions that convey the message that you support, value, notice and care about each child. Send them a "hello" text in the middle of the day. Tuck a note into their lunchbox. Hug them. Or sit down and watch "their" TV show. Small gestures are as powerful as big ones.

Make a special date for just the two of you.

Tell them you've set aside a special time for the two of you, and ask your child to select an activity they would enjoy doing with you.

Model healthy relationship behaviors.

Your child learns about relationships from watching you and copying your behavior. The way we behave and communicate as adults has a lasting effect on the parent - child relationship.

Happy Father's Day!!!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

About Me
Proverbs 31

P31 Speaker Blogroll
Previous Posts
Archives
Miscellaneous
Credits