From A to Z
Okay my bloggy friends,
We're back from our trip to Wild Dunes and the South Carolina Hospital Association meeting and I'm back to work, unpacking, washing and re-packing.
Tom and I leave early tomorrow morning for our last business trip. We're headed to Hilton Head Island for the North Carolina Hospital Association meeting. We return Friday night and leave for my mom's family reunion early Saturday morning.While I'm away I thought I'd leave you with the following.
A is for age.52. Huh?
B is for burger of choice.One my dad use to make at Gus's Luncheonette with cheese oozing out the sides of the bun, the best homemade cole slaw and chili, mayo, mustard, lettuce and tomato.Now I know why I was a size 20 in high school.
C is for what car you drive.A used 2002 Acura MDX (Magnificent Diva EXpress). We drive our vehicles for 14 years or until the wheels fall off.
D is for Dog's name. We don't have a dog-- our dog died April 17 of this year and his name was Max. He was a 17 year old Shi-tzu.
E is for essential item you use every day.Exfoliating scrub. Actually any skin care product. I'm a product junkie.
F is for favorite tv show at the moment.Reba. We just discovered this show and we howl every night at the comedy.
G is for Favorite game. Anything on my Wii game system. Yes, I'm a 52 year old woman and our sons bought me the Wii for Mother's day. I am a hoola-hooping fool!
H is for Hometown.I grew up in Durham, NC.
I is for instruments you play. I used to play the piano, now I play the radio,my ipod and Wii games.
J is for favorite juice.I don't really like juice.
K is for who you'd like to kiss. My sweetheart of 29 years or a baby's feet.I don't know why I like to kiss baby feet but I do.
L is for last restaurant you ate at.Unfortunately not Chick-Fil-A (my favorite). It was Shomars. I had a large Greek salad with grilled chicken. No taco shell, greek dressing or pita bread.:-( My next fitness assessment is in 6 days.
M is for your favorite Muppet. Big Bird
N is for number of piercings.Two. one in each ear.
O is for overnight hospital stays.Many, I've had a total of 8 surgeries. None of those was a plastic surgery; but working for a plastic surgeon is tempting.
P is for people you were with today.The staff at Carolina's Counseling Group, my sweetest friend and work mate Kim Vail,the clients, my trainer and my sweet hubby.
Q is for what you do with your quiet time.Watch Reba and play a Wii game.
R is for biggest regret.Not going home to see my daddy one last time before he died.
S is for status.Happily, madly, thrilled about and he still gives me chills married.
T is for time you woke up today.6 am. I'm working at Carolina's Counseling and it's taking longer and longer to get ready. I'm 52 remember?
U is for what you consider unique.The life I've been privileged to live
V is for vegetable you love.Any fried vegetable.
W is for worst habit. Procrastination and being a product junkie.
X is for number of x-rays you've had. Many; can I use that to explain my bad habits? It's the radiation.
Y is for yummy food you ate today. White Cheddar Cheese-it's. Okay, they aren't on my food program but at least they were the low-fat variety. Please don't tell my trainers. Bobby the Beast, Mike the Machine, Aaron the Abdominator or Laura the "Fit Queen", they would NOT be pleased!
Z is for zodiac sign.Pieces. I think James Kennedy wrote a book on the biblical meaning of the zodiac. Does anyone know where I can find a copy?



8 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

Hi Zoe! I've been thinking about you a lot, and I hope each day brings you less pain over the loss and more joy over the memories of your dad.

Being a "princess" like you - I'd love to read your skin care regiment, products you use, etc. - and working in a plastic surgeons office - wow. Free botox? ;-)

You look great sister! Don't worry about that 52. You are beautiful, inside & out.

Blogger Chef Diane said...

I am glad to see you post. I love the list and am stealing this for my blog.
Diane

Blogger April said...

Hey Zoe!
Glad to hear you're doing well! Loved your post, I love to learn more about people. It's good to see I'm not the only "product junkie" around! I actually cleaned out all of my cosmetic bags and bathroom cabinet a while ago, I feel like I hardly have anything anymore! Time to update! (or maybe I shouldn't!) Have a safe and blessed trip! Lots of love, April

Blogger Jerralea said...

Zoe,

I see we have things in common. I'm also 52, and I didn't get to see my dad one last time before he died, either. I had bought a plane ticket to fly home the next day and got a call that evening that he had passed. I had a hard time with that for a long time.

I finally just had to accept that God knew best and for some reason, it was best for me not to be there.

Blogger Joyful said...

Zoe, I read two other A-Z posts yesterday. They are great fun. When I finish my "She Speaks" series I think I'll do likewise. Some of your answers made me smile, others touched my heart deeply.

Hope you have a great trip. Missing you here already!
Hugs and prayers,
Joy

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Zoe,
Reba is our favorite show. We have been watching it for the longest time.
By the way, have I told you lately what a special friend you are? I am so thankful that God led me to CCG.

Blogger Joyful said...

Hey Zoe...for the record, the book you were questioning by James Kennedy is called "The Real Meaning of the Zodiac". If you seriously wanted it - it is available through Amazon. (Publisher: Coral Ridge Ministries Media, Incorporated (June 1, 1989)
ISBN-10: 1929626142
ISBN-13: 978-1929626144 )

Trust all is well,
Joy

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Zoe,
Love the A-Z list--very informative. I may have to "borrow" it for my blog!! I too love fried veggies--actually I pretty much like anything fried which may explain the extra weight I am carrying!!???!!

Hope you were able to enjoy a few quiet moments with your hubby these last few days. I will be thinking of you as you go to your family reunion. It is sure to be a bit difficult without your Dad there. Hope you all find some great stories to share about him.

hugs,
Kim

Post a Comment

Home

About Me
Proverbs 31

P31 Speaker Blogroll
Previous Posts
Archives
Miscellaneous
Credits