This Man
Good Morning Bloggy Friends,
Tom and I returned to our home late Saturday and I've spent that time trying to get back into the "regular routine".
Again I want to thank you for your prayers,cards, calls and
e-mails.Each one is a precious treasure.

We leave for a business trip tomorrow morning and we have another business trip next week.
God's timing is always perfect in everything and these two trips so soon after daddy's death are no exception as I find myself wanting to retreat into my nest here on Holleybank Drive.

At the insistence of the counselors at Carolnas Counseling I did take the day off yesterday but will work today.
I only have a very few minutes to leave this post so it will be brief.
I hope you will indulge me and this post.
Grief is such a complex emotion. I have experienced grief of course; Tom's mom passed away in January and then our beloved dog of 17 years Max in April.

I do rejoice greatly that my dad's broken and frail body has been replaced with perfect and complete health as he is in the presence of our sweet Jesus;
BUT I am heart broken.
This man was my daddy, the one who drove me to his restaurant and made me breakfast each morning before I walked to elementary school.
This man who ruled our home with a iron Greek fist and had a heart as big as the moon.
This man who took me fishing on Johnny Mercer's pier and the shores of Wrightesville Beach.
This man who scared away potential boyfriends and then welcomed my sweet Tom and Maria's sweet Brandon into his family with open arms.
This man who loved his family with that wonderful,rich, and deep Greek love.
The kind of love that envelopes you and surrounds you with warmth and good food and boundless love.
This man who could fix anything and who collected everything.
This man who loved kitchen gadgets and anything electronic.
This man who called me "number one".
This man was no ordinary man.
This man was my daddy.

.




13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Zoe,
What a wonderful tribute to your Daddy.

Praying for you as the grief is sure to "catch" you off gaurd in the coming days. And for your mother as her daily lifes routine has changed so much. May the Lord give you peace and rest beyond measure.

blessings,
Kim

Blogger Joyful said...

Ah Zoe, how my heart resonates with what you have written. I shared with my husband just the other day that I can't imagine my Daddy not being here. Although he is going through some health challenges right now, and it's difficult to watch, he's here. I can't begin to think about not having my Daddy's arms around me any longer - he is my hero!

Praying your Heavenly Father will enfold you in His arms.
Love, prayers and hugs,
Joy
PS. I wrote about my Daddy here:
http://princessjoyful.blogspot.com/2008/02/has-anybody-seen-my-dad.html

Blogger Chef Diane said...

Zoe,

Thank you for sharing your beautiful memories. I am so happy you had such a wonderful life with your father. You are right, up in heaven his broken body is together once again.
Praying for you,
Diane

Blogger ThreeGirlyGirls said...

Zoe, this was just a beautiful post about your Daddy. I loved every bit of it. I'm so sorry for your loss but I do rejoice with you that he is dancing with the King in all His glory today! Prayers and Hugs.

Nicki

Blogger The Via Colony said...

God is SO good. We're praying for you and your family!

Blogger Zoe said...

Sweet Friends,
Your care for me is overwhelmimg!!!

Kim, you're right about grief catching me off guard. The clerk at the gas station must think was crying over the high gas prices.
Joy, I praise God your dad is your hero.
Diane,thanks for reminding me of daddy's perfect healing.
Three girly girls,thanks for the reminder that my daddy is dancing with Jesus.
Tasha, thank you for your prayers.

We will get through this grief. Having precious treasures like each of you will insure that!!
Blessings to each of you

Blogger Jodie Wolfe said...

Zoe,
You have been in my thoughts and prayers. I know how hard it is to lose a father as well. You are glad that they are with the Lord, but also miss them as well. I will continue to pray as you go through the various stages of grief. May you feel God's sweet presence in a special way.

Blessings,
Pearls

Blogger Tammy said...

I continue to pray for you and your family. What a lovely tribute to your father. May you find peace in God's arms.

Blogger April said...

Zoe,
You are in my thoughts and prayers, praying for God to sustain you and be your strength.
Love, April

Blogger Charlene Kidd said...

Zoe,
Thank you for sharing a part of your wonderful dad with us. I am praying for you. Please enjoy your time away with your hubby.

Blogger B His Girl said...

Hi Zoe,

You Dad got to cast his gold crown before the feet of Jesus. How beautiful your words were to your Dad. Remember...Love lasts forever. I pray that God will use this time to draw you closer and that you know in a deeper way His love for you. You are greatly loved and your Dad is experiencing Joy in His Presense. Rest in Him.

Blogger Kathy Schwanke said...

Dear Zoe,

This is what it means to be held...

After having experienced so much death in my family for 5years, I am with you in waves of grief. And can attest to the Everlasting Arms that carry us through...there is no other way. I am glad your daddy is in heaven. What a sweet remembrance.

I am reminded to make sure I take the time to cherish my daddy.
Love, Kathy

Blogger Chef Diane said...

Zoe,

It is Thursday and I have been checking to see how your doing.
Praying hard for you and comfort.
Hugs,
Diane

Post a Comment

Home

About Me
Proverbs 31

P31 Speaker Blogroll
Previous Posts
Archives
Miscellaneous
Credits