It's Finally Arrived
Good Morning Sweet Bloggy Friends,

Well... it's finally arrived, the day we've been waiting for, holding our breath for.

The phone rang at 5:50 this morning and I heard Josh (our oldest son) on the other end of the receiver. "Mom, I'm sorry to wake you, but as I was driving out of my neighborhood for work this morning I discovered I have no forward gears,the transmission in my car is completely shot and there are metal fragments in the oil pan." "I can only drive in reverse."
Friends, I don't know a lot about cars, but I do know It's never a good idea to drive you car in reverse after you've backed out of the driveway.
Josh and Tom spoke a few minutes and they decided on the details of having the car towed. Josh will get a ride to the hotel where I'll be for the next 5 days at the She Speaks Conference and use my car until he decides what to do.

Josh's car was Tom's car, is 12 years old and has 178,000 miles and band new tires.
As I mentioned earlier, we've been holding our breath knowing this day would arrive.

I could ask "Why now Lord, why did his car finally break down now?"
I could ask "Why did this happen three months after we spent a lot of money on new tires?"
I could ask those questions and others but I won't.

Instead, I'm Praising our sweet Jesus!!!
I'm praising His Holy Name for:
1. Protecting our son by not allowing this to happen when he was actually driving on the highway.
2. Providing AAA to tow his car.
3. Proving His faithfulness as my car will be available to Josh for the next 5 days.
4. the Privilege of walking through this life knowing that His sovereign hand is guiding our every step. That nothing takes our God by surprize and the assurance that we can rest in His percfect will for our lives.

Friends, as I leave for the conference I pray for each of you to experience His presence in your life in a powerful way.
I don't know what the Lord will allow in your lives these next few days; but I do know that He is faithful to provide whatever you need to get through them.

So...until we "talk" again; know that I'm praying for you and look forward to the stories we will share when I return next week.






5 Comments:

Blogger Jodie Wolfe said...

Praise God for keeping your son safe. I will be praying as you head to the conference and five days of fun and fellowship. I pray that He gives you the strength you need as you encourage and reach out to so many women. May you also feel His sweet presence.

Blessings,
Pearls

Blogger Joyful said...

Zoe, that was my day yesterday. The "Service Engine Soon" light appeared on my dash and the car wasn't responding to any pressure I applied to the gas pedal. It spent all day at the car dealership, only to bring it home still doing the exact same thing! I guess I'm in for even more repairs.

But, I too, was sharing the same praise items you listed - especially when I showed my husband the large bill for a car still not repaired - YIKES!

As I tried to point out - it's just money - and it's all the Lord's anyway - so, if this is how He wants to spend it.....

See you soon,
Love & prayers to you,
Joy

Blogger K. Langston said...

I am feeling today l like I am standing at the side of the ocean and I can feel a huge wave approaching. I sense the POWER of it!

I know that it's the Spirit already descending for the SHE SPEAKS conference. I can feel Him, P31 group! He's waiting for each and every woman to walk through those doors, and P31 ladies,

God is so very PLEASED with each of you!

See you there! I'll be the introvert wondering around looking for coffee!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Zoe,

The Lord is so faithful!!! Praise him for keeping Josh safe and for giving him a few days to be able to think through the issue.

I just posted today on the Lord's provision for me and my family--He is just so good to his children!!

Have a wonderful trip and may the conference bring God the glory that he so deserves!!

Love,
Kim
** you have a VERY handsome son!!

Blogger Tammy said...

God is amazing....He knows our every need and how to meet them. I am thankful your son is ok and I pray your 5 days at the conference will be blessed with God's hand.

blessings

Post a Comment

Home

About Me
Proverbs 31

P31 Speaker Blogroll
Previous Posts
Archives
Miscellaneous
Credits