Reponding to His Call
My heart has heard you say, "Come and talk with me."
And my heart responds, "Lord, I am coming."
Psalm 27:8

I saw this verse quoted on my friend JottinMama's blog http://jottinmama.blogspot.com/ . Kate always offers great insight on her blog.
I think this verse fits in perfectly with our discussion on obedience.

I want this verse to be my heart's response today. A response without hesitation or discussion.
"Oh Lord, I want to respond to your calling quickly and completely."

What is He asking of you today and how are you responding?


3 Comments:

Blogger Julie Zine Coleman said...

My biggest challenge is to remain obedient to the task at hand. My eyes continually stray toward the future and the fulfillment of my goals. Yet what God wants from us is obedience in the every day, the seemingly mundane parts of our lives. He holds the future very capably in His hands. My job is to serve Him wholeheartedly in the here and now.

Thank you for your encouraging comments on my blog! You are a blessing to me!

Blogger Joyful said...

Zoe, I included that same verse on my blog post on Feb.2nd (on my daily blog). Precious verse.

Today He was talking to me early this morning about a Sabbath rest. I wrote and shared my personal conviction, knowing many may disagree with me, but that's Ok...I just have to be true to what God speaks to my heart.

Today the Lord was also asking me to trust Him and not fear. My Dad had surgery today, so it's been a long day of sitting and waiting. I just arrived home and all seems to have gone well. We await the results now and keep trusting.

It's amazing when you think about it. First, the Lord speaks to us. Then, He asks something of us. Finally, He supplies all we need to enable us to obey. We have a great God!

Blessings to you today,
Joy

Blogger JottinMama said...

Hi Zoe!

Thanks so much for the shout-out! It pretty much made my day!

I LOVE that verse and I'm so glad that it touches you also! Isn't it just so tender?

Have a lovely rest of the week and a great weekend!

Blessings,
Kate :)

Post a Comment

Home

About Me
Proverbs 31

P31 Speaker Blogroll
Previous Posts
Archives
Miscellaneous
Credits