Encouraging News
For those of you who have been praying with us regarding our youngest son Joseph, here's an encouraging update.

I just hung up the phone with Joseph and the Lord has once again answered our cries for some encouragement for our son.
Joseph is taking his very last class and is to schedule to graduate from Embry Riddle University in September (He needs A LOT of prayer in order to pass this class).

He has been diligent to work hard and has now obtained all his pilots licences but the Lord in His providence has kept all doors closed to Joseph for work as a pilot.
Joseph has applied to countless companies all over the country for work but is always told his 350 hours of flight time is not enough to warrant even an interview. He needs the bare minimum of 500 hours.
The cost is $15,000.00 to purchase the extra flight time and can I just say that this is not in our budget.

To say the least frustration has set in and our beloved son is struggling to find God's will in all of this.
My heart has been so burdened for our son as Joseph has not been pursuing the Lord in the last few years.
This mother's heart longs for all her children to know, love and serve the Lord with passion.
For two years I have asked the Lord to show my son His glory and to allow my son to experience His presence in a real and powerful way.


Tonight, the Lord has parted the curtain and allowed Joseph peek at a small part of His Glorious handiwork.
A company has agreed to allow our son to fly co-pilot on some of their flights back and forth to a city near Dallas Texas.
Joseph won't get paid to fly, but this gives him the opportunity to get the hours and experience he needs so desperately at NO charge.
Helloooooooooo did you get that?
This valuable and necessary training will not cost us one cent.
If that weren't great enough, my sister lives one and a half hours from the airport where our son will be flying into, and is offering him a free place to stay.

I am humbled at God's great love for our son and for His perfect plan for all our lives.

If you're struggling as you wait for the Lord to unveil His perfect plan for you, please be encouraged.
You may not be able to see, taste or hear the Lord's plan for your life, but I promise you...
God is busy behind the scenes working on your behalf to take care of every detail before He unveils His perfect plan to you.
Thanks for all the continued prayer, I'm confident the Lord is using all of this to draw our son ever closer into His presence.
What are you waiting for?


Jeremiah 29:11, "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." (NIV)



7 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

Zoe,
That is such amazing news! I'm so thankful that you have shared this. I know you must be experiencing such peace tonight as prayers are being answered. I know it must give you joy tonight as you see Joseph encouraged by this great news.
God is so gracious!

Blogger Chef Diane said...

Zoe,

Now I am doing my praise Jesus dance! (but I am not standing on the chair) This is such a beautiful show of God's grace and love. He is literally parting the skies for Joseph to be with Him.
I am so happy and will continue to pray with you.
Wonderful news,
Diane

Blogger Joyful said...

Oh Zoe, my heart is full to overflowing!!!!! NOTHING is IMPOSSIBLE with God!!!!! Thanking and praising Him for ALL He is doing!!!!

God specializes in things thought impossible!!!! I know this full well. It was 47 years ago today the Dr's gave absolutely no hope for my survival as I was born at 25 weeks, weighing only 1 pound...BUT GOD!!!!!

Whenever I get discouraged about not seeing His plan in the moment, I remember His Hand sustaining my life and the gift of years He has given, and I trust Him one more time.

Hugs,
Joy
PS. If you want to read my birth story and see pics, I posted it here today: http://ponderinginhispresence.blogspot.com/2009/08/my-creator.html

Blogger Julie Zine Coleman said...

How encouraging to see God's provision-- especially in light of Joseph's lack of interest in Him.

I, too, have a Joseph who is not following the Lord. He is not in open rebellion, just disinterested.

I am encouraged by the three stories Jesus told in Luke 15-- where God is pictured as the relentless pursuer. He will not rest until all of His own are safely within the fold. As I pray for my son (and now will for yours as well), I base my trust in the fact the Relentless Pursuer will not let up on my son.

Thanks for sharing your encouraging news!

Anonymous Lori said...

Zoe,
I've never commented on your blog before, but I so enjoy reading your comments! You are so real and open.

"For nothing is impossible with God."
Luke 1:37. We can hold on to this verse every single day! One of the best things that Joseph has, is a praying Momma! Keep praying just as I am for my two teenage son's. My own mother prayed for me to have a special walk with the Lord, through daily reading the Bible. I've been a Christian for as long as I can remember, but not reading God's Word daily. God answered my Mom's prayers in His ways, which were way better than any way she could dream up. I'm enjoying the love-affair with my Father now, and daily seek Him through His Word. He is everything to me.

I'm tickled pink re: your encouraging news. He has your son in his hands. He cares about Him and He will take care of his future. His eyes never leave him.

Thank you for blessing me with your blog!
Lori - AZ

Anonymous Anonymous said...

tears and sighs Zoe...i am so encouraged by this post....as I too have a son who is looking for a job and has little experience...but God...but God

blessings and hugs,
Kim

Blogger LauraLee Shaw said...

I didn't know of this situation, but wow, what a story. God's creativity and timing always amazes me. :D

Post a Comment

Home

About Me
Proverbs 31

P31 Speaker Blogroll
Previous Posts
Archives
Miscellaneous
Credits