Where's Your Focus
Happy Wednesday Friends,

I recently read a devotion by Chuck. Swindoll and it was a wonderful reminder to refocus my attention. Not always an easy proposition for someone with ADD, but a necessary opportunity for growth.
I've edited things and pulled together some of the highlights and lessons I'm taking to heart today.
I hope they minister to you too.

When money is our objective for happiness, we often live in fear of losing it, and that can make us paranoid and suspicious.
When fame is our aim, we become competitive just in case someone steals our spotlight, and that makes us envious.

When we allow power and influence to drive us, our focus turns inward toward serving self, which makes us arrogant.
Wen we allow possessions to become our god, materialism becomes our focus and we adopt the mantra "More is never enough", and that makes us greedy.
All these pursuits are in direct opposition to contentment and joy.

Only Christ can satisfy, whether we have or don't have, whether we are known or unknown, whether we live
or die.
The New Testament in Modern English, J.B. Phillips's paraphrase, reads:
"For living to me means simply 'Christ,' and if I die I should merely gain more of him.
Wen Christ becomes our central focus, contentment replaces our anxiety as well as our fears and insecurities.
So let me ask you friend... Where's your focus today?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

About Me
Proverbs 31

P31 Speaker Blogroll
Previous Posts
Archives
Miscellaneous
Credits