Wednesday Words of Wisdom
I'm very much into decorating these days, if you've been reading my blog at all, you have seen pictures of my freshly painted Dining Room. And if you know me at all you know that I love everything that sparkles and shines. When I saw a Sunburst mirror in a decorating store a few months ago, I thought... "I have to have a place to use at least one of these in my house." That lead me to do some research on these lovely mirrors. This is what I discovered.



Sun burst mirrors date back to Louis XIV, he was known as the “Sun King”. In his seventy two year reign, he used to stare into his sunburst mirror each morning to see his face in the center of the sun’s rays. All of this got me to thinking...

As a believer, shouldn't we be concerned with reflecting our sweet Jesus with everything we do, at every turn, every day? Not sure how successful I am at doing that most days.

What about you friend, when you gaze into a mirror, do you see yourself or do you see a life that reflects Jesus?

Consider the decorating angle:

Sunburst mirrors can be used to create a focal point. It's obvious they certainly add sparkle and shine to any room, and I'm all about that! I imagine we would agree that images of the sun are associated with light, so naturally incorporating this item of décor could be inspiring to be inspired to live a life that reflects the son’s rays.




1 Comments:

Blogger Michele Caséca said...

Hi sweet Zoe,

I'm trying to organize my life to that point. I hasn't been easy, and I know it will cost a lot, but I'll so whatever it takes to have a life that shines Jesus' love.

Please pray for me, Zoe.

You are beautiful and precious.
Love you,


Michele Caséca

Post a Comment

Home

About Me
Proverbs 31

P31 Speaker Blogroll
Previous Posts
Archives
Miscellaneous
Credits