Spiritual Amnesia


Well friends,
After thirty months (that's two and a half years), the Lord has answered our prayers with an abundance!
Our son Joseph just completed an interview with a second airline and now has two job offers! You won't be surprised to know I'm more than grateful and dancing in every chair in our home...

Perhaps it was all the jumping, but I couldn't help but ponder all of the doubt and unbelief I've entertained these last 30 months.
If you look at the consequences of doubt or unbelief, you'll see that it kept a generation of Israelites from entering into the land that had been promised to them by God.

Friends, I'll be brutally honest here, there were days my doubting and unbelief caused me to throw my hands up in despair and disappointment, thinking God neither heard my prayers nor wanted to answer them. In short, I was acting just like the children of Israel running around and around and around in the circle of doubt. Just like the Children of Israel, I forgot that during times of waiting and testing, the enemy is working hard to bring about doubt and fear. The enemy wants us to forget God's power and promises.
It's in these times we need to look beyond what our eyes can see, to resist spiritual amnesia and to remember, reflect and rest in the Lord's past faithfulness to us.

Spiritual Amnesia brings about spiritual and physical stagnation. It causes complaining instead of praising, whining instead of worship and gives the enemy a foothold in our lives.

I hope this got your attention as dramatically as it did mine when my heavenly whispered these words of truth into my heart. I want to encourage you to consider replacing spiritual amnesia with trust and confidence in the One who is faithful to do what He has promised.



1 Kings 8: 56-57,""Praise be to the LORD, who has given rest to his people Israel just as he promised. Not one word has failed of all the good promises he gave through his servant Moses. May the LORD our God be with us as he was with our ancestors; may be never leave us nor forsake us."" (NIV)



4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kathy Griffith McIntyre Love your blog Zoe! Todays message is especially timely for me.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for being so real and honest with your message, Zoe. It spoke volumes to me!

Blogger Beatrice said...

I thank you Zoe for sharing, about two weeks ago my daughter asked if your son had found a job. She remembered me sharing the story about your son going to be a pilot, because she had been in the same situation.She just now got a job as well she will be coaching and teaching business computer classes for the High school she graduated from in 2005. She has an accounting degree from college in 2009.Went back to school in the fall of 2010, and finally wiil be working in 2011. Praise GOD!!!!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for reminding me to not lose hope, and have faith that "God can and God willl". More blessings to you and your family.

Post a Comment

Home

About Me
Proverbs 31

P31 Speaker Blogroll
Previous Posts
Archives
Miscellaneous
Credits