Returning Home
Good morning bloggy friends,
We're just back from our business trip and my mom's family reunion. Tom and I have been on the road for three weeks and it's good to be home! We're back to work this week and then to Sunset Beach next Monday for a week's vacation. We've driven over 1,000 miles and I'm glad to out of the car.

It was great to meet his business colleagues and to visit with family but returning to our regular routine will be a welcomed change. It's been a challenge to stay on course with my eating and exercising program while we've been away. Pre-planned meals and tight schedules haven't made it any easier and I haven't recorded anything in my food journal. Okay, I'm whining I know. Sorry, my bad!
Tonight, I meet with Laura the "Fitness Queen" for my 8 week assessment.She will be taking me through my workout and recording my progress as well as measuring, weighing, and calculating my percentage of body fat.
Laura indulged me last month with a mini-assessment because I had cheated and weighed myself, saw a rise in the number on the scales and was freaking out. Her calculations showed a 1% loss of body fat and a gain of 4 pounds of muscle in just 4 weeks. It's been tempting, but I haven't been on the scales since.

For those of you who don't know my story, I've struggled with my weight throughout my entire life and even been a slave to some eating disorders. At my worst I weighed myself 20 times a day so when I tell you that I haven't weighed myself in about 4 weeks, that's a huge (no pun intended) step forward.
So... tonight's the night. I'm going to leave work and drive to my appointed session with the "Fitness Queen".
I promise to let you know the results tomorrow. The good, the bad and the ugly.
In the meantime, I'll leave you with a few pictures from the family reunion.
This is Sadie (my mom's best friend) , my mom Lois and my aunt Sherry. Thanks for your contiued prayers for my mom, she's doing well as she grieves my daddy.

Here's the family! Believe it or not;there are at least 25 people who could not attend.


4 Comments:

Blogger Joyful said...

Zoe, glad you're home. Sounds like you had a wonderful time! Can't believe the size of your family - my family is SO small.

Proud of you for your weight accomplishments. Whatever the results tomorrow - you've done good girl!!!!

Have a great day!
Love & prayers,
Joy

Blogger Chef Diane said...

Zoe,
Glad to see you made it back and are safe. You are still in my prayers.
Good luck in the weight thing, remember it is how it is, but doesn't have to stay that way. We choose.
Blessings,
Diane

Blogger Tammy said...

hi Zoe,
glad you have made it home. No matter what you find out for results, you are doing fine girl. God loves you right where you are right now.

blessings on your day

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a busy girl you are!! Glad that you and Tom are home safely.

Be patient with yourself about the weight thing--you have had a rough couple of weeks.

The family reunion looks like fun--and your Mother looks relaxed. Praying that each day is going a bit easier for her.

in Christ,
Kim

Post a Comment

Home

About Me
Proverbs 31

P31 Speaker Blogroll
Previous Posts
Archives
Miscellaneous
Credits