I Can't Believe I Did That Part 2
Good Morning Friends,

Thanks for your "I can't believe I did that" stories. I have so many I could dedicate an entire blog to them HA!!
It's comforting to know I'm not the only one who has a hard time being human!

As soon as I arrived at the office yesterday morning did go to my boss and to the Counselor of the client I referred to in yesterday's post and confess that I had hung up on them.
Both were very gracious and understood that I shouldn't be spoken to as this client had. Thank you Lord!!!!!
Hey, check out our website. Dr. Russ put it together and it's really cool.http://www.carolinascounseling.com/

While I'm off the hook this time all of this did give me an opportunity to learn a lesson
Yes, it can be frustrating dealing with angry people, but I need to be sure I'm not adding fuel to their fire with my responses.
So here's today's question...
What lesson(s) did you learn from your " I can't believe I did that moments?

Thanks for sharing friends, I hope you will continue to post your stories.



2 Comments:

Blogger Joyful said...

I read your question with a sinking heart. I wish I could say I have learned from my errors and move on never to repeat them again...but...sadly, often too soon, I am feeling the same regret creep up for similar actions repeated...and...again the Lord hears the cry of my heart for forgiveness.

I guess...if my repentance was genuine, my choices should be changing, yet too often I find myself being remorseful for the same things. Oh, my actions or words might be a little different, but they are still coming from a heart seeking 'my rights' (which I don't have!), 'my wants' and 'my desires'.

Life-long lessons I fear. So what have I learned from past mistakes? I've learned that God is so forgiving and gives grace upon grace. I've learned that on my own I will keep falling into the same traps. I've learned that at the point of decision I must choose to walk away from the temptation of an unkind word or action - even if it does seem justified. I've learned that I fail again and again, and that God forgives time and again. I've learned that each moment is a clean slate to begin again. I'm trying to learn from Christ's example when He was mocked and criticized unjustly - "And He answered not a word". (Oh that I would hold my tongue!) I've learned that I disappoint and fail God, but He never fails me.

Thanking Him for second chances,(and third and forth...)
Joy

Blogger Brittany said...

I learned to double check when I pulled a file. Useful then, not so useful as a stay-at-home mom.

Post a Comment

Home

About Me
Proverbs 31

P31 Speaker Blogroll
Previous Posts
Archives
Miscellaneous
Credits