I can't believe I did that!
Good Morning Sweet Friends,

For those of you who don't know it I'm a receptionist 4 days a week for 2 different Dr's offices in addition to my writing/speaking for Proverbs 31 and I love all of my jobs (most of the time)

Yesterday a client called to schedule an appointment and was quite upset over a particular issue. When I didn't give them the answer they wanted they became very angry.
After this person had repeated "I'm never returning to your office" four times and then proceeded to be rude in their comments I said "Okay, I think we're done" and I hung up the phone.
In case you missed that, I hung up on a client!
Yikes! Not Good!!!!
I can't believe I did that!

Of course this person called back and wanted to speak to my boss, the office manager. My boss was unavailable at the time so I took the person's phone number and said I would give my boss the message.

So... today I must face the music, I will go in early to explain my actions and own up to my behavior.

What about you? What are some of your "I can't believe I did that" moments?
Some days it's hard to be human.







4 Comments:

Blogger Joyful said...

Oh my friend - praying for you today.

Some days it is hard being human! The good that I would, I so often don't do! Thinking even of a conversation I had with a friend a couple of days ago. It's not that anything I said wasn't the truth, but I shared more than needed because I was feeling frustrated and over-looked and I had found a sympathetic ear. More often for me the title of my post would read, "I can't believe I SAID that!"

It's so easy to justify our actions. Praying that through the resolution of this situation Christ will be honoured.

Love, hugs and prayers,
Joy

Blogger Judy said...

One day I forgot to unlock the entrance to my office waiting room. It was early afternoon when I realized that four clients had not shown up - highly unusual. I had to apologize profusely. You just have to say oh well, I am not perfect. Judy.

Blogger Brittany said...

I worked in Medical records for an 8 dr office. We had two patients with the same name and I didn't check birthdates and send the records to the wrong patient. A HUGE HIPAA violation. We actually could have gotten sued. The patient went to his dr and told him. I'm very lucky I didn't get fired.

Blogger Angie said...

My first time posting. I had to chime in that I work for a Christian man and he has told me from the get go that I do not need to sit there and take it from people who are cursing at me. I do get angry parents (I work for Jostens - cap and gown/class ring people) from time to time and I am ok with that but what I am not ok with is when they start cursing at me and yelling. I dd hang up the phone a year or two ago on a man who cursed at me. He showed up at school, cursed out the sales rep, and was promptly shown the door. Needless to say he called me, apologizing, then sent his daughter in to pay her bill. Kindness goes a long way :)

Post a Comment

Home

About Me
Proverbs 31

P31 Speaker Blogroll
Previous Posts
Archives
Miscellaneous
Credits