Recipe of Grief
Hey there my bloggy friends,

So sorry to have been absent lately. I continue to walk through my grief and we're also dealing with a separate family issue.
I do send a huge hug of gratitude to those of you who are praying for me and for the precious e-mails I have received from some of you.

As I trudge through all of this I have discovered a few "Recipes of Grief" I'm finding helpful.
I'll share them with you in hopes you will find them helpful as you minister to others who may be walking the road of grief.

Here's the first recipe I discovered:

1 Hug per day

1 Box of Tissues to let the pain out

2 Pairs of Ears to listen without judgement

Several gasps of fresh air each day

1 Cushion to hold through the night

10 Photo albums to keep the memories alive

2 Smiles from people who care each day

1 Hope - We will learn to live again

Here is the next recipe I've been introduced to.
Step 1: Feel your feelings and express them.- The words "Jesus wept" speak volumes about grief management.
Step 2: Don't just replace the loss, review the loss.- To recover from pain, we have to face it.
Step 3: God's approach is to grieve in community. Your emails and prayers are the perfect picture of this.
Step 4: Only the Holy Spirit, called the Comforter, will heal.
Step 5: God's approach says we can still express our regrets.

Step 6: Christians are capable of recovering from any loss that comes their way.- If we make Christ our treasure and not something else, we will never have reason to fear, because he is invulnerable and will never leave us.



Since I've been talking about recipes... I'm going to lighten this post for now and I hope you will help me out.

I read somewhere that we repeatedly cook the same 10 recipes. I don't know about you sweet friends but I'm ready to expand my horizons in a culinary way.

Would you be willing to post some of your favorite recipes on my blog?

I'll let you pick the food group and items. I'd love to see recipes for anything and everything from appetizers to desert.



Just think... if everyone posts at least two recipes we have the potential to add many new and delicious things to our recipe boxes.

Many thanks precious friends,

Zoe











2 Comments:

Blogger Joyful said...

Sending a hug. Sometimes silences speak louder than words. Praying for you across the miles.

Your recipe idea is going to stretch me. I'm a cook-from-frozen or barbecue girl. So...let's see...

Chocolate Trifle:

Ingredients:
1 chocolate cake mix
1 instant chocolate pudding mix
1 tub Cool Whip
2 Skor chocolate bars

Prepare cake as per instructions on box in 2 round, layer pans. After cooling wrap one layer and put in freezer for another time.

Into a large, deep bowl (this is the bowl that the dessert will be served from - I use a glass, pedestal bowl) break apart half of the one layer cake. Don't crumble into tiny pieces - bite size pieces.

Prepare pudding as per instructions on box. Spread half of prepared pudding over cake pieces.

Spread half of Cool Whip container over pudding.

Crumble one Skor bar over the Cool Whip.

Layer again: broken cake, pudding, Cool Whip and chocolate bar.

This dessert is fast and easy and you have a cake layer in the freezer for the next time.

Enjoy!

I will be back with a more nutritious recipe later...I hope :o)

Love & prayers,
Joy

Blogger Chef Diane said...

Sweet Zoe,

Although I haven't been writing much, I have noticed your absence. My prayers are with you. I heard the best way to describe this kinda of pain by the Chapman family. She said, she was "grieving with hope". I love this and use it alot in my life. My marriage of 22 years is ending and it just hurts.
You have the right person here for recipes. Being a Chef I just happen to have a few. Pastries are my speciality. I wrote a cookbook about 4 years ago and sold out. I want to order more but haven't got the cash right now. Enjoy the ones below. Hugs sweet friend.

Gazpacho
Serves 4

1 large cucumber, peeled and seeds removed
½ large green pepper, seeds removed
½ small diced onion
2 each scallions (green onion) remove the end roots
12 oz. V-8 juice
12 oz. tomato juice
salt & pepper to taste
tabasco sauce to taste

Chunk all vegetables and put them in to a food processor. Rough chop the vegetables until they are chopped not pureed. Put the vegetables in to a medium bowl, add the juices and season to taste. Chill overnight, serve cold.

For an extra special treat top with pieces of lump crabmeat.
South Western Chicken
Serves 4

¼ cup olive oil
4 medium chicken breast (remove the tenders)
½ cup tequila
1/3 cup lime juice
2 each cloves fresh garlic or (1 tsp. minced fresh garlic)
½ tsp. cilantro

Method

1) Mix together the oil, lime juice, garlic and cilantro. Place chicken in shallow pan and pour the mixture over the chicken. Let this marinate 4-6 hours.
2) Grill the chicken breasts until done. Try to only turn the chicken one time.
3) At this point you can refrigerate and serve cold or serve at room temp.
4) Make the Pico De Gallo the day before. Serve on top on the chicken.
5) Garnish with fresh lime slices.

• Notes: If desired you can slice the chicken breast at an angle and use as part of a Mexican salad. Then top with guacamole and the pico de gallo and low fat cheddar cheese and sour cream.

Pico De Gallo

3 medium ripe tomatoes
1 medium diced red onion
1 Tbsp diced jalapeño peppers
½ cup fresh chipped cilantro
1 tsp salt
½ tsp black pepper
1 clove diced fresh garlic
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 Tbsp. white vinegar

Combine all ingredients together and refrigerate overnight. Serve with tortilla chips or over chicken.


I will add some more tomorrow.

Post a Comment

Home

About Me
Proverbs 31

P31 Speaker Blogroll
Previous Posts
Archives
Miscellaneous
Credits