Monday Ponderings
Good Monday Morning Friends,
Here are a few Erma Bombeck funnies to ponder over as you begin your week.

Who, in their infinite wisdom, decreed that Little League uniforms be white? Certainly not a mother.

Most children's first words are "Mama" or "Daddy." Mine were, "Do I have to use my own money?"

My theory on housework is, if the item doesn't multiply, smell, catch on fire or block the refrigerator door, let it be. No one cares. Why should you?

Before you try to keep up with the Joneses, be sure they're not trying to keep up with you.

Christmas Shopping: Wouldn't it be wonderful to find one gift that you didn't have to dust, that had to be used right away, that was practical, fit everyone, was personal and would be remembered for a long time? I penciled in "Gift certificate for a flu shot.

Happy Monday!!!


3 Comments:

Blogger Amy Carroll said...

Visiting your blog and reading some Erma is a great start for a Monday!

I sure do miss you. I've been thinking about you lots lately, and I hope all is well. Any trips to Holly Springs soon?

Amy

Blogger Chef Diane said...

Zoe,

Great thoughts to start the week. Here are some of my "momisiams".

If I cook it you clean it up.

If the smell of teenage boy does't come down the steps, then your good.

You wanted the dog, promised to take care of him. So you don't eat until you feed him.

If you can't tell me what you need to feel better. Come, point to your back and I will scratch it. No questions asked. ( the human touch works wonders)

Finally:

No one took your other sock. There is a strange thing that happens when you use the dryer, it eats one. So please don't blame your brothers.

Have a great week everyone. Please keep me in your prayers today. I am going back to the orth doctor and hope he allows me to wear shoes and get back to the gym.
God Bless,
Diane

Blogger Joyful said...

Hey...the funny thing is I AM getting my flu shot today! Wasn't really thinking of it as a 'gift'!

A friend of mine shared this wisdom recently - "Don't diss bacteria - it's the only culture some people will ever have!" :o)

Fun way to start the week.
Love & prayers,
Joy

Post a Comment

Home

About Me
Proverbs 31

P31 Speaker Blogroll
Previous Posts
Archives
Miscellaneous
Credits