Baklava- Another New Tradition

Good Morning Friends,
I had the best Saturday ever!!! Marybeth Whalen, two of her daughters and her friend Erica came to my house to bake Baklava. Last year I got together with Marybeth and her mom to bake the tasty Greek treat and then they showed me how to make the chocolate covered cherries I showed you last week.
We've decided to make it a new Christmas tradition to bake together each year.
Marybeth is pouring a little OJ and sparkling grape juice for Rebecca and Ashley


Rebecca is cutting the assembled pastry before we bake it. She is a natural!



Ashley and Erica are checking our work

Ashley is studding one pan of the Baklava with whole cloves. They are really more for decoration than anything else. CAUTION: Remove the clove before eating the pastry or you will have "clove breath" for days!!
Rebecca is so proud of her hard work



We enjoyed a little conversation while the pastry is baking


A little game of Wii Bowling is always to good help pass the time while the pastry is baking.



Enjoy!!


4 Comments:

Blogger Joyful said...

Looks like fun! My son and I get together with my sister and her son every year for her Christmas baking day. Happy memories.

You look cute with antlers :o)
Have a great day!
Love & prayers,
Joy

Blogger Marybeth Whalen said...

I posted about it on my blog too! Can't wait til next Saturday for more fun!!

Blogger Rachel Olsen said...

Waaaaah ... not fair ... I want to bake baklava with you guys too!!! I hate being so far away from you.

Looks yummy! Glad yall had fun. ~ Rachel

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had such a good time with you. First item of the new year will be my very own tiara

Erica

Post a Comment

Home

About Me
Proverbs 31

P31 Speaker Blogroll
Previous Posts
Archives
Miscellaneous
Credits