Jesus is Better than Santa
Good Morning Sweet friends,

I was reading through the other P31 speakers blogs in the wee hours of the morning today and ran across this timely reminder on Micca Campbell's blog and wanted to share it with all of you.

Tom and I have adopted a single mom of three for Christmas as our Christmas gift to one another and I began shopping for a few items this morning (I love that Target is open at 8:00).
Christmas shopping before work who could ask for more?

As I ran up and down the aisles (I'm working today and only had 30 minutes to shop)
I couldn't help but weep as I put things in my cart.
The young man helping me must have thought I was having some sort of a hormonal break down as the tears fell ever the more with each item we placed in the cart.

My tears were for this young woman and her precious children who have suffered much these last 2 years and for God's provision to them.
His ever increasing faithfulness to them is a testimony beyond belief.
What a privilege to have this opportunity to be "His" hands and feet.
What a joy to be an instrument of His provision.
What an honor to be called to participate in God's work.

I hope this will encourage your hearts today to be "His" hands and feet this Christmas Season.


Santa lives at the North Pole.
JESUS is everywhere.
Santa rides in a sleigh
JESUS rides on the wind and walks on the water.
Santa comes but once a year.
JESUS is an ever present help.
Santa fills your stockings with goodies
JESUS supplies all your needs.
Santa comes down your chimney uninvited.
JESUS stands at your door and knocks.. and then enters your heart.
You have to stand in line to see Santa.
JESUS is as close as the mention of His name.
Santa lets you sit on his lap.
JESUS lets you rest in His arms.
Santa doesn't know your name, all he can say is "Hi little boy or girl, What's your name?"
JESUS knew our name before we did.
Not only does He know our name, He knows our address too. He knows our history and future and He even knows how many hairs are on our heads.
Santa has a belly like a bowl full of jelly.
JESUS has a heart full of love.
All Santa can offer is HO HO HO
JESUS offers health, help and hope.
Santa says "You better not cry.
" JESUS says "Cast all your cares on me for I care for you.
Santa's little helpers make toys.
JESUS makes new life, mends wounded hearts, repairs broken homes and builds mansions. Santa may make you chuckle but JESUS gives you joy that is your strength.
While Santa puts gifts under your tree JESUS became our gift and died on the tree.

It's obvious there is really no comparison. We need to remember WHO Christmas is all about. We need to put Christ back in Christmas.
Jesus is still the reason for the season.

May the Lord Bless and Watch over you and your loved ones this Christmas 2008.
And may He prosper and bless the work of your hands in the New Year.


2 Comments:

Blogger Chef Diane said...

Zoe,
I love what you wrote about santa, hands down Jesus takes it. I get more and more upset with the way we as a nation fix our society on the red suit and a man.
I decided that this Christmas I would give to a young couple instead of getting a gift. I was so thankful that I was part of the work of the Lord. Over the years I have learned never to argue with the Lord when he lays a specific amount of money on my mind. I had been shopping the day before for some things for the household and had left over cash in my wallet. As I was sitting in church a couple weeks ago God spoke to me and said to give it to a specific young couple with three young children. So without hesitation I put the money in an envelope and went to find the couple. As I walked in the nursery I explained that God asked me to give this to them and to use it as they needed. They were in tears and they couldn't hug me hard enough. Well a couple days later I got a card explaining how they didn't have money for Christmas and what a blessing that money was.
God answers prayers and sometimes he uses willing souls if we let them. I challenge the my sisters to answer the call this season. Be a willing soul.
God Bless,
Diane

Blogger Joyful said...

Oh Zoe how precious!

One of the teachers who works in the school where I did volunteer work, had collected all sorts of specific items for families in the community who couldn't provide gifts for their loved ones. The gifts were being housed in a church until Christmas - and someone actually broke into the church and stole every item that had been collected.

When I found out about what had happened, I called my husband and asked if we could help. I asked the teacher for the list of everything that had been taken - the sizes of clothes, shoes, toy items, Cd's etc...and I set out on a mission. Not only did the Lord help me find every item quickly - but you wouldn't believe the deals I got - unbelievable!!! I'm sure God took our willingness and honoured it and helped us not only supply, but be good stewards as well.

I can't ever remember having so much fun. I didn't begrudge one penny spent. It truly is better to give than receive.

I spent time in prayer for you and Tom and all your family today. Trust you have a wonderful Christmas season.

Love & prayers,
Joy

Post a Comment

Home

About Me
Proverbs 31

P31 Speaker Blogroll
Previous Posts
Archives
Miscellaneous
Credits