Vegetable Soup
Good Morning Sweet Friends,


The weather has finally cooled, the leaves are falling and I'm craving my mother-in-laws vegetable soup. Saturday I tried her recipe with a twist and it's a big hit.


Catherine's Vegetable Soup with a twist.
1 pound hamburger browned
4 cups beef or chicken stock
3 cups V-8 juice
6 cups frozen vegetables (I used what I already had in the freezer) Use your favorites
black eyes peas, diced tomatoes, butter peas, green beans, carrots, corn, onion
4 packets Splenda
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Salt and Pepper to taste


Here's the twist:
Place all ingredients in a Pressure Cooker .
In fact I browned the hamburger in the pressure cooker and simply added the rest of the ingredients to that one pot.

Once the pot began to sizzle and spit (my lame attempt to sound like a pressure cooker)
I set my timer for 20 minutes.
After the twenty minutes, I turned the pot off and waited until it had "decompressed" and I could open the lid.
I added one large bag of thawed chopped broccoli and within 3 minutes it was done!
Home made vegetable soup in a flash.
Yummy good.

This recipe makes plenty for several meals and some for the freezer.

Enjoy!







1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am thrilled that you put that recipe on your blog. It was THE BEST soup I've had in a long time. Can't wait to try it.
Thanks for sharing :-)
Love you!!!

Post a Comment

Home

About Me
Proverbs 31

P31 Speaker Blogroll
Previous Posts
Archives
Miscellaneous
Credits