More Questions and Answes
Hey friends,
Here's the latest question regarding She Speaks:

Question:
When we arrive at the hotel (assuming we're staying at the conference hotel) do we register for the conference first or check-in with the hotel, or does it matter? Also, how early can we check in with the hotel? Thank you!

I think the normal check in time is 3:00 PM at most hotels. You might want to call the hotel you are staying in to confirm that. You are welcome to register for the conference before or after you check-into the hotel.
Just remember you and 599 other ladies will be checking in and registering at the same time.
I know the hotel staff and the Proverbs 31 staff will be doing their very best to get you taken care of as quickly and efficiently as possible.

Question:
The time frame is so very short, I may not be able to reference a particular person from the scriptures in regards to my topics. Is that a problem?
Three minutes and five minutes is short to be sure but I PROMISE the Lord will enable you to edit your talk sufficiently to meet those time frames. Trust me, if I can keep it short and sweet while keeping the most important pints anyone can.

Also, will there be a podium for short notes...or is that a No-No?
There will be some sort of podium/lectern of music stand provided for you.

I'm one who relishes eye-contact, but I need to know if I must memorize the entire talk or not.

Eye Contact is a wonderful thing to engage your audience for sure, but it is NOT necessary to memorize your entire talk. Some ladies do however memorize their opening.


1 Comments:

Blogger Shelly said...

I just want to take a moment and thank you for your time in answering these questions and providing so much feedback!

Reading your blog lately has really put me more at ease while preparing for She Speaks. I was freaking out over the clothing, but now I'm calm as a . . . well, I don't know . . . but I'm much more calm ; )

Thank you for your time and expertise!

Shelly
http://shellysc.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

Home

About Me
Proverbs 31

P31 Speaker Blogroll
Previous Posts
Archives
Miscellaneous
Credits