Answered Prayer
Sweetest Boggly friends,

When I came home last night I read your posts over and over and I cannot possibly thank you enough for all of your prayers.

Here is a brief run down of my time away.
Arrive early in morning to get mom to the hospital (she is a nurse and this was her very first surgery of any kind; she was very anxious as you might imagine).
The surgery went as expected and mom woke up quickly from the light anesthesia.
One hour later the nurse put mom in my car and we headed for my parents home.
Five minutes later my mom threw up all over my car.
Note to self.... Next time ask recovery room nurse for a disposable barf bag for the ride home.
Get my mom home, change her clothes, tuck her into bed and check on daddy.
Wash my mom's clothes and clean out my car.

Go to the grocery store to get ginger ale, make my dad's dinner and feed him.
Help my mom who is still throwing up.
Call the Dr for a prescription to stop the throwing up
Go to the Drugstore to get the medicine; wait one hour while they fill the prescription.

Help the nurses aide get my dad changed and settled in for the night.

Okay I'll stop with gory details... You can use your imagination.

Everyone settles down and the Lord provided my parents and the aide with a good night's sleep and no more throwing up.

Again, I am so grateful for your prayers. My relationship with my parents can be strained and difficult.
Out of respect for them I will just say that my sister (my only sibling) and I are the children who "never do enough, never visit often enough or never quite get things done well enough".
Anxiety can set in quickly when I know I'm going to be spending time with them; but the Lord prompted you to pray and He answered in a BIG way.

I'll post again later, but I did want to thank you for your precious gift of prayer on our behalf.






6 Comments:

Blogger Jodie Wolfe said...

Zoe,
I'm praising God with you for how He met your needs while you were gone. I pray too that God will help to restore your relationship with them.

Also am continuing to pray as you prepare for She Speaks. May you have what you need for each day.

Blessings,
Pearls

Blogger Tammy said...

so glad that prayers were answered and that you are back safe. We missed you.

blessings

Blogger Joyful said...

So thrilled you are home safe and your time with your parents went well. Sounds challenging. I'm reminded that God makes all things beautiful in His time.
Continuing in prayer for you,
Joy

Blogger Charlene Kidd said...

welcome home. I can not wait to see you next week.

Blogger Melissa said...

Zoe,

My heart is with you as you minister to your parents. My Dad was ill for a very long time. To say it was difficult to be around him would be putting it mildly. I understand some of your anxiety and am praying for you. God will honor your efforts with your parents. I will be praying that He will honor you in a very special way this week!!

Blessings,
Melissa

Blogger Kelly said...

Glad your back, safe & sound. Sorry that you have a stressful relationship with your folks. I can relate! But God is the perfect parent, and he is the parent I count on. I know that you do too.

Post a Comment

Home

About Me
Proverbs 31

P31 Speaker Blogroll
Previous Posts
Archives
Miscellaneous
Credits