New Recipes


Hey there bloggy Friends,

Here's one new favorite quick and easy recipe from the Food Network
and one from my Greek Cookbook

1 pound rigatoni pasta
3 cups purchased garlic-flavored croutons, (about 5 ounces)
1/4 cup slivered almonds (about 1 ounce), toasted
1 cup julienned roasted red bell peppers (I substituted sun dried tomatoes in olive oil)
3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil (I used a lot less since I was using sun dried tomatoes in oil)

DIRECTIONS:
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat.
Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes.
Drain pasta into a large bowl.
Place the croutons and the almonds in a food processor.

Pulse until it becomes the texture of bread crumbs.
Add the crouton and almond mixture to the hot pasta.
Add the peppers and the olive oil.
Toss to combine and serve.


Greek Chicken
1/2 cup olive oil
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
2 lemons, juiced
1 (4 pound) chicken, cut into pieces



DIRECTIONS
In a glass dish, mix the olive oil, garlic, rosemary, thyme, oregano, and lemon juice. Place the chicken pieces in the mixture, cover, and marinate in the refrigerator 8 hours or overnight.
Preheat grill for high heat.
Lightly oil the grill grate. Place chicken on the grill, and discard the marinade. Cook chicken pieces up to 15 minutes per side, until juices run clear. Smaller pieces will not take as long.


You can also bake the chicken if you don't want to use the grill.


Enjoy!!





4 Comments:

Blogger Joyful said...

Hey Zoe...you know what I love about these recipes - they use "normal" ingredients that even I have in my home - or at least know what they look like!!! One small snag....I don't have a food processor - that in itself should speak volumes :o)

I'll let you know when I give your recipes a try and how they turn out!

I was praying for you earlier. Hope you're having a great day!
Love & prayers,
Joy

Blogger Zoe said...

Joy,
No Food Processor? No Problem! Okay you are a cooking novice. HA!
Put the croutons in a Plastic bag that has the zipper closure and wack it to pieces with your rolling pin or hammer.

Blogger Joyful said...

HAHAHA!!! Sounds good to me!!!!

Blogger Joyful said...

Do I dare admit I don't own a rolling pin? I DO have a hammer!!! I know I'm pathetic!!!

Post a Comment

Home

About Me
Proverbs 31

P31 Speaker Blogroll
Previous Posts
Archives
Miscellaneous
Credits