What's Your Candy Personality?
Good Morning "Sweet" Friends,


Several weeks ago we had some fun looking at our different personalities.
Today I'd like to see what your candy personality might be.
Fun Fact:
Studies show all it takes is three bites of your favorite candy before your brain releases stress-relieving hormones!!
I say bring on the hormones!!!!!!!!
In honor of my baby sister's birthday today with each post until October 25 you will eligible to win a bag of your "candy personality".
I'm treating you to a random drawing.

3 Musketeers
Does well in groups but can be somewhat pompous. Loves to wear fancy costumes.
Wears hats in public that are ill-advised.
Created in 1932 by Mars, the candy bar got its name because it originally had three pieces in one packet: vanilla, strawberry and chocolate.
The Fun Size (15 grams) has 63 calories.

Almond Joy
These folks are happy-go-lucky. and are often the life of the party.
Introduced in 1946 by the Peter Paul Candy Manufacturing Co. in New Haven, Conn.

It's a companion to the Mounds bar, which arrived in 1920.
The snack size (17 grams) has 80 calories.

Bit-O-Honey
These people have contradictory personalities, hoping to express generosity but also having the passive-aggressive desire to damage the fillings of trick-or-treaters.
You are competative and conscientious. You are a patient person.
The honey-flavored taffy was first manufactured in 1924 by the Schutter-Johnson Co. of Chicago. It is now made by Nestle.
One piece (7 grams) has 26 calories.

Butterfinger
Evasive, slippery, not necessarily to be trusted.
Invented in 1923 by the Curtiss Candy Co. of Chicago.
The crunchy bar wrapped in chocolate is now made by Nestle.
The Fun Size (18.5 grams) has 85 calories.

Candy Corn
Purely deluded people. They don't get that candy shouldn't attempt to imitate other food groups, particularly corn.
Invented in the 1880s, it was first manufactured commercially by the Wunderle Candy Co. in Philadelphia and by the turn of the century at the Herman Goelitz Candy Co. in Cincinnati.
A serving of 22 pieces (40 grams) has 140 calories, or 6.4 calories per piece.

Good & Plenty
Optimistic, perhaps overly so. Acquainted with the bitterness at the center of most lives.
The licorice candy was first produced in 1893 by the Quaker City Confectionery Co. in Philadelphia and is considered the oldest branded candy in the country.
A serving of 33 pieces (39 grams) has 140 calories, or 4.2 calories per piece.

Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
Generous souls. Those who understand the salty in life, as well as the sweet. You are always there for your loved ones. You are the friend everyone wants.
Created by Harry Burnett Reese in the 1920s. Reese was a former dairy employee of Milton Hershey, founder of the Hershey Co. In 1963, the Reese candy company was sold to Hershey for $23.5 million.
A one-cup package (21 grams) has 110 calories.

Snickers
Just going with the crowd, the safe candy choice, guaranteed to please the masses. Dependable friend.
Created in 1930 by Mars, Snickers bars sold for a nickel. The Fun Size was introduced in 1968.
The Fun Size (17 grams) has 80 calories.
Twix
You have an outgoing and social personality.A Mars product, caramel-and-cookie Twix bars were created in the United Kingdom in 1967 but weren't sold in the United States until 1979.
The Fun Size (16 grams) has 80 calories.

Twizzlers
Sickos. Truly demented. Plastic people living plastic lives.
The Twizzlers brand was introduced in 1929. The red licorice strips are manufactured by Y&S Candies, a company established in 1845 that is now a Hershey subsidiary.
The snack size (14 grams) has 37 calories

Please tell us about your candy personality!


Happy Birthday to my sweet sister Maria in Dallas Texas.




11 Comments:

Blogger Chef Diane said...

I love this can you email it to me so I can steal this.
I love them all, maybe that is why I can relate to all of them.

3 Musketeers: At times I am a bit pompus
But with an Almond Joy I can be the life of the party.
Bit of Honey: I tend to get into those sticky situations.
Butterfinger is can be very evasive.
I have no use for candy corn it is made with car wax. Yuck
Good and Plenty tasts good but leaves a bitterness in my tummy.
Reeses Cups look good on the inside but peanut butter doesn't like me.
Snicker, I love to be the crowd favorite.
Twix is me as in a great mixture of things.
Twizzler is def. me because I am a bit twisted as well.

So i you put them all together I am:I am a bit pompus and evasive while being the life of the party. When I get into sticky situations I can get a bitter taste in my mouth. Combining a great mix things can tend to get a bit twisted, but after all I am a crowd pleaser.
Diane

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Zoe,

I am a Twix girl-outgoing & social. I do like candy corn too and I don't care what it is made out of. Did you ever have the candy pumpkins??? Oh my-what a sugar rush.

My hubs loves twizzlers--wait till I tell him that he REALLY is demented!! HA! HA!

Always something fun at your blog!
hugs to you today,
Kim

Blogger Chef Diane said...

Zoe,

Thanks, I will copy it. You know you shouldn't tease us with the pictures of the candy. It is the time of the year that people go door to door asking for candy. How about going blog to blog asking for candy?
Diane

I am speaking tonight to a group and making bread. Maybe I will take a picture and tease you.
tee hee

Blogger Joyful said...

Well, out of all the candy mentioned, I now understand why I love chocolate and peanut butter so much!!! I've always been a Reese's girl.

I did find it kind of interesting however, what was written about "Candy Corn". I can be tempted to enjoy some of those from time to time. Mmm....candy masquerading as corn...it does create a parallel to sometimes wearing "Christian camouflage" and not being entirely real - pretending to be something/someone I'm not.

Fun little exercise my freind. What candy personality were you?

Have a great day!
Joy

Well, since I just finished my third "fun size" Snickers, I am enjoying your sweet post. Snickers is my all time favorite, but I am definitely not a go with the flow kind of gal, so Twix would be my second choice (am I am all out of those. :)

Blogger Melissa said...

Happy Birthday to your sister!

I love 3 Musketeers and Reeses!

Melissa

Blogger Chef Diane said...

Zoe,

The funny thing is I need a new place to live. Got to your email and read my email to you.
Diane

Blogger Cheryl Barker said...

Zoe, what fun candy descriptions. I like most of them, but I'm going to have to go with the only one that's close to being acceptable on the glycemic index -- the Snickers :)

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Snickers without a doubt. And for the record, I don't think it's a "safe" choice, it's a subtly complex combination of flavors resulting in a complete whole.
Kind of like the way I would like to think I am!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Snickers without a doubt. And for the record, I don't think it's a "safe" choice, it's a subtly complex combination of flavors resulting in a complete whole.
Kind of like the way I would like to think I am!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE Reese's. My personality could also fall under a "twix". Gee, I hate to admit that I like twizlers...I'll never eat those again.
Reese's are definitely my favorite...have been forever. My mom used to put them in my stocking :-)

Post a Comment

Home

About Me
Proverbs 31

P31 Speaker Blogroll
Previous Posts
Archives
Miscellaneous
Credits