Morning Dove
I just received some Pictures from my event in Ohio last month where the Lord blessed our time together greatly.


Here is a picture of a morning dove sitting on her nest as she protects her treasured eggs.





She built her nest in the corner of a window ledge and kept constant vigil day and night. No amount of window tapping would distract her from her appointed duty. Even when someone opened the window and leaned out to snap this picture she continued to protect her eggs with her very life.

What a beautiful picture of

Psalm 17:8, "Keep me as the apple of your eye; hide me in the shadow of your wings." (NIV)

and

Psalm 91:4, "He will cover you with his feathers, and under the shadow of his wings you will find refuge." (NIV)




What is causing you to seek refuge and safety under the wings of our precious Jesus?

I would love to hear your experiences.

Here's the whole gang from Ohio! What a wonderful group of friends!!!

Don't forget to post your answers here on my blog.

Each post until May 23 is entered in my drawing for some really nice gift cards.




2 Comments:

Blogger Joyful said...

Your morning dove pictures have brought back a special memory.

Back in the winter I was going through a rough time - really seeking the Lord and needing to know He was aware of all I was going through. One morning after crying my heart out to Him during my devotional time, I came down to the kitchen early to make a cup of coffee and I opened the blinds to our backyard patio. There, sitting on the ledge of our deck, which was covered in snow, sat one, lone dove. I understand that most often doves travel in pairs and to see one alone is rare. However, that morning - there was only one. As the Holy Spirit is often referred to as a 'dove', I immediately knew this was a symbol of God's presence with me. I turned away for a moment, and when I looked back, the dove was gone. God is so good. I love how He reveals Himself to us and meets the deepest longings of our heart.

You asked what is causing us to seek refuge and safety under His wings right now....I'm looking to Him to help me move from fear to faith as I step out of my comfort zone and face my huge fear of flying!!! I'm registered for the "She Speaks" conference, but I'm terrified of flying...however...because God clearly said 'come' I am going, but I'm trusting God like I never have before!!! He gave me such a precious verse from the Psalms - "The Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore."

Praying He will hide me in the shadow of His wings and give me the courage I need to face this 'giant'.

Trusting Him,
Joy

Blogger Jodie Wolfe said...

I love the dove photos. We have doves hanging around all of the time because we have bird feeders. In the winter they would all line up on our van's wiper blades. I guess it was warmer there!

Pearls

Post a Comment

Home

About Me
Proverbs 31

P31 Speaker Blogroll
Previous Posts
Archives
Miscellaneous
Credits