Healthy Lifestyle - Part 1
Friends,
I've so enjoyed your initial thoughts on this subject and know all too well the frustration and angst that come along with the diligence and discipline necessary for a healthy lifestyle (physically).

For those of you who don't know my history on this subject; here are three main points.
* I began over-eating at age 10 when my dad "stepped out" of our family for the first time and wound up wearing a size 18/20 from about age 15 until my Senior year in High School when I became involved with drama and singing and lost a lot of weight.
* In college I became a prisoner of eating disorders before the words anorexia and bulimia were even known (that's how old I am).
* Maintaining a healthy lifestyle has been a struggle for me ever since.

So... what is the answer we're ALL looking for?
Is it really just a matter of numbers; calories in and calories out?
Is a degree in nutrition necessary just to know what I should eat?
Is it necessary to spend hours at the gym every day?
If we're spending so much money on books, diet plans and gym memberships; then why are we as a country more obese than ever?
There are 100 other questions we could ask ourselves here, but I'd like to explore this from a different perspective...

For me... it's not a matter of knowing what to do; it has become a matter of doing what I know.
So for me the one question to answer becomes...
"Why don't I do what I already know?"

Let's begin here.
What is the one question you need to ask yourself on this subject?

Post your responses here and we'll continue our discussion.
Remember, this Friday May 23 I'll be drawing for the gift cards.




6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Zoe,

My question to myself is "Why don't you think that you are worth the time/energy/money/etc to do what you know that you have to do???

As a mom and wife everything else comes first--afterall I want to be the best wife and mom I can be so I feel I have to put myself last.
Kim

I ask myself all the time, "What makes me keep repeating my old pattern of rewarding myself with food?" I want to be the best me I can be, so that I can serve Him with my everything.

Blogger Kelly said...

The one question I want to ask myself at this time about this subject is why do I turn to food for comfort when I get stressed out, especially at work...or if I have a minor 'discussion' with my husband...I seem to seek food as something to soothe me? Why?

Blogger Jerralea said...

My question is "Why have I never been able to motivate myself to do anything consistently about my weight?" I desperately want to change.

Blogger Happy Four said...

My question is, "Why do I put things in my mouth that I know aren't good for me when my body belongs to God".

Blogger Joyful said...

My question is, why is it that the good that I would I do not? I KNOW the importance of eating properly, exercising etc...and I'll begin with gusto, then after a couple of weeks I give it up, until the next whirlwind of motivation. I find accountability the best, but haven't found a way to keep this up as of yet. Tried posting my accountability on the side of my blog, but gave it up as I didn't feel anyone really cared about it any way.

Looking forward to reading more!
Joyfully His,
Joy

Post a Comment

Home

About Me
Proverbs 31

P31 Speaker Blogroll
Previous Posts
Archives
Miscellaneous
Credits