Wii


Good Morning friends,


I'm posting a few pictures from my first attempt at Wii Bowling and tennis.

Josh was awesome at boxing.
That's a good thing since he's a personal trainer!

Okay, I'll admit it. I stink, but I'm loving this game system. I can see why it's always sold out. I can hardly wait for Wii fitness to hit the stores next month.
Speaking of fitness, I have committed to a meeting with one of the trainer's at the "Fitness Together"studio next week. No, I will NOT be training with my son. Oooooooooooo, yuck!

I've had a wake-up call this week when one of our "fittest" and "healthiest" friends under went triple by-pass surgery this week. We are grateful that the Lord blessed Bob with a wonderful outcome and his healthy lifestyle contributed to an earlier than usual release from the hospital.

Hmmmmm... a healthy lifestyle can be a contributing factor in our recovery.
Hmmmmm... a healthy lifestyle can be a contributing factor in our release.
Hmmmmm... a healthy lifestyle is a contributing factor and is our responsibility.
Alas, I cannot ignore it any longer...
I am responsible for the lifestyle I lead and the consequences (positive or negative) it brings.
While I have tried to keep my spiritual body in shape I have for the most part been "wishing" my physical body into a shape other than what it is. Let me tell you that wishing is not a bad thing in itself but wishing alone will never lower cholesterol, make your hips smaller, your bum higher or your thighs any thinner. If it did, my cholesterol would be in the normal range I'd be in the best shape of my life.

I'd like to explore this more fully with you over the next few days and I'd love your input, especailly pertaining to any spiriaual applications.
We are just one week away from the drawing on May 23 for some gifts cards.
Keep posting!
































6 Comments:

Blogger Joyful said...

Hi Zoe,

I always think how our bodies are the temple of the Holy Spirit. Whenever I think about God's Spirit living in me, it makes me desire to give Him my best. I'm looking forward to what you're going to post on a healthy lifestyle....spiritually and physically!

Loved the pictures! (Loved the interior of your home too :o))

Joyfully His,
Joy

Blogger Jerralea said...

Hi Zoe,

I'm very interested in this subject also. I spend much more time on my spiritual life than I do my physical life. I have a real problem finding the time to do anything about it. I know I have to make a priority but knowing and doing are two different things!

Jerri

Blogger Lara said...

Hi Zoe,

Aw shoot. Wishing doesn't work? Maybe that explains the love handles growing at my waist.

Spiritual application: I gave a talk last night about how our mind is like a muscle and gets flabby without use. But with regular exercise it can become strong & agile. For many of us, that is where the greatest flab can be. We neglect the discipline of applying ourselves to memorizing Scripture. But the more we work at it, the better we become at doing it.

A Musing Mom

Blogger Kelly said...

Hello Zoe!
I am struggling right now with the physical aspect...knowing I am at least 20 lbs overweight and knowing what I need to do to lose the weight, but just not being able to discipline myself to do it (like stop eating junk food and going for more walks)...the wishing for a healthy body doesn't make it so. I see this is my spiritual life too, I need to make an effort and be diligent at it to see results.
Am looking forward to your thoughts on this subject!
Blessings,
Kelly

Blogger Charlene Kidd said...

Zoe,
I love it that I am not the only one who looks absolutely loony playing the WII. We are starting a bowling tournament weekly with the kids. It is a blast.
Your link list looks marvelous!!

Blogger April said...

Hey Zoe! I, too am joining the growing multitude of ladies that are trying to live a healthier lifestyle. I think my downfall in this area has been always looking for the quick "fix." The quick way to drop 20 lbs. to fit in the cute halter top bridesmaid's dress, or to look decent in a bathing suit. I have focused so much on "looking" healthy, I've missed out on making lifestyle changes to actually "be" healthy. I want to be healthy so I can continue to serve God and my family, not just to look good. I'm praying for God to help me to get this heart+mind+body connection, and actually achieve longterm, lifetime results. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Loved your Wii pics! We are so going to have to get one!

God bless! April

Post a Comment

Home

About Me
Proverbs 31

P31 Speaker Blogroll
Previous Posts
Archives
Miscellaneous
Credits