Healthy Lifestyle Part 4
Hey friends,

As I sit her sipping my coffee trying to pry my eyes open long enough to compose this my quadriceps are still aching and screaming at me 36 hours after working out. Yesterday I stretched and stretched again even before going to bed but the wiggly gigglies on the front of my thighs are screaming sore. Surprisingly, my upper body isn't sore at all even after a hard out work.

The pain of being out of shape has set in for real and I'm due at the studio for another work out in 90 minutes.
It's embarrassing and painful to feel the reality and extent of my "out of shape-ness".
I must have been suffering from a menopausal memory lapse when I stopped exercising regularly in the third grade. HA! It really hasn't been that long ago , but it has been 3 years since I walked 2.5 miles every afternoon and lifted weights three days a week.

Oh my goodness... you'd think the painful memory of getting back into shape would be enough motivation to keep me "pressing" (that's bench pressing) forward to the call of a healthy heart.
But alas, the memory can be weak and wobbly (just like my quadriceps. HA! HA!)

I'm going to end this here for now as I have to eat and get ready for today's workout.
But I will post again after I return. I'm even going to take my camera and post a few pictures from today's session.

Hmmm.... I wonder what areas of the body we will concentrate on today?

I'd love to hear your thoughts on the spiritual application to that question.
Keep posting friends, I'm thrilled about the valuable lessons we will all learn from one another as we remain on this journey together.



2 Comments:

Blogger Joyful said...

Hi Zoe,

This morning God has already called me to exercise my mind as He has stretched my view of Him. He is a GREAT GOD!

I'll be back later to read more.
Praying for you,
Joy

Blogger Jerralea said...

Hmmm... spiritual application today might be to "bulk up" our spirit of compassion for our hurting brothers and sisters in the body of Christ. Today I heard the news that the Steven Curtis Chapman family lost a daughter due to an accident. I really feel for them and ask others to join me in prayer for comfort for them.

Post a Comment

Home

About Me
Proverbs 31

P31 Speaker Blogroll
Previous Posts
Archives
Miscellaneous
Credits